Steak and Peppers Sandwich – French baguette or hoagie rolls stuffed with gooey thinly sliced strip steak with green peppers, onions, fortified with savory tasty garlic avocado mayonnaise. Your perfect picnic rolls!
I know everyone is staying away from meat lately because it is Lenten season and for some it is for health reasons.
Believe it or not I am limiting my beef intake during this Lenten season. Absolutely no meat on Fridays! But for the rest of the week, I can have some meat chicken and/or pork. I love meat!!!!I am a carnivore
There was a time in my life that I wanted to go vegan. It only lasted a day before I start dreaming about steaks. I can go days without indulging in meat but don’t tell me to not eat meat. For some weird reason I go crazy!
So here is a great sandwich, I like to indulge in. Some may refer to it as a Philly cheese sandwich. I would say it is a gooey thinly sliced strip steak with green peppers, onions, and, a kick butt garlic avocado mayonnaise stuffed into a French baguette or hoagie roll.
Now let me tell you the best part of this delicious sandwich – The Garlic Avocado Mayonnaise. Instead of traditional mayonnaise, I made garlic avocado mayonnaise the flavor and texture is just Amazing. You are going to love it!
Include this mayonnaise in your sandwich and everyone will groan with sandwich pleasure .
Steak and Peppers Sandwich
Avocado garlic aioli sauce
- 1 medium Avocado
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter
- 1 medium onions sliced as thin as possible and rings separated
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 8-12 ounces steak boneless chuck, New york, sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 Cheese slices provolone cheese or mozzarella
- 2 baguette sandwich roll or 2-hoagie roll
- First make the avocado garlic mayonnaise by combining avocado, mayonnaise in a food processor or by hand. Blend until all the ingredients until puree. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a large skillet melt. Add the onion; cook and stir until tender. This might take about 7 to 10 minutes. Cook and stir until onions is caramelized or softened, then add the bell pepper and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- Then add the sliced steak in a single layer, and season, Worchester sauce, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat has reached its desired doneness. It may take a minute or more.
- Slice the baguette in half horizontally. Generously spread the garlic avocado mayonnaise on the rolls before building the sandwiches.
- Divide the steak and vegetables in two and pile on each sandwich. Add cheese with more mayonnaise, if desired
- Place each filled baguette on a baking tray and toss in the oven. Bake for about 5 minutes. Remove and serve while warm.
Tips & Notes: