Coconut Shrimp Stew – succulent shrimp dish with big bold bright flavors to excite your taste buds. Aromatic, flavor; like a party in your mouth!
Does big, bold flavor mean you have to labor all day in the kitchen? Not really! With this succulent coconut shrimp you seriously don’t have too. You know what? it’s aromatic, with an explosion of flavor and warmth.
I always have a starch of shrimp in the refrigerator ready for those busy nights when I need to whip up something really fast. I am sure you do too.
This coconut milk shrimp stew dish is straightforward and quick. It is the perfect main course to make any night of the week and if you are like me with a busy lifestyle you certainly need this.
I love coconut milk because it can take any meal from bland boring to exciting and flavorful. Here, I added tomatoes, onions, garlic, curry and to spice it up included a touch or cayenne without making it too hot.
Serve over a bed of rice or vegetable s and dinner is covered.
Coconut Shrimp Stew
- 1 1/2 lb. extra large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 tomatoes diced or 14.5 oz. can dice tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 14 oz. can coconut milk
- 2 cup broth
- 1 teaspoon creole spice
- 2 scallions thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 red bell/ green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly season the shrimp with creole spice. Heat oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed Dutch.
- Sauté for about 3 -5 minutes shrimp set aside.
- Add onions, tomatoes, curry powder, and garlic. Stir for about a minute, followed by coconut milk, and broth.
- Bring it to a boil then simmer for about 7-10 minutes.
- Toss in shrimp, green onions and green pepper.
- Adjust for salt / pepper and thickness. Serve over rice and/or vegetables