Breakfast Potatoes – Easy Breakfast Potatoes that is guaranteed to please any potato lover -Spiced with Creole/Cajun seasoning . And for extra flavor throw in some bell peppers and onions
I don’t know about you but I like to switch up my breakfast routine and eat something scrumptious every now and then . And these breakfast potatoes always come in handy. I posted this recipe a while back with a different method, parboiling first. But, recently I have been making these without parboiling – Am always looking for new ways to speed up things in the kitchen.
Recipe have been updated with both methods. You try both and see which one works for you
All you need to do is cut your potatoes and bell peppers – if using any , season, toss in oil and throw them in the oven. And you are all set .
And the best part is that , you can indulge because they are much healthier than the deep-fried restaurant version, but just as delicious
The end result is a Crispy, potatoes that are – crunchy on the outside, with a tender and fluffy interior.
I might add they are very tasteful as a side dish; they just might be an all purpose side dish because they pair well with most protein.
You may use any potato you have on hand but I’d prefer either Russet or Yukon. If you’d like to keep the peels on the potatoes, make sure you scrub them very well – organic potatoes are preferable. Otherwise, just peel and cut the potatoes into cubes. For easy cutting, you may use this Vegetable Chopper (with 2 sizes of dicer blades) which cuts vegetables like potatoes, carrots and onions in no time and with less effort.
They do make a great breakfast paired with eggs like Omelets, Boiled eggs, Frittata and Tofu scrambles. OR if you are entertaining and you want to have your guests hug you, kiss you and never forget their stay, pair it with these Sausage and Peppers for the ultimate breakfast meal.
Why serve the same old boring stuff all the time!
View recipe HERE for Sausage and Peppers.
Tips and Notes:
- Don’t cut your potatoes in way too small sizes or they’ll get mushy.
- Serve these baked potatoes immediately or it’ll get all soggy when left sitting on the table quite longer. It’s best served right off from the oven.
- In choosing the type of potatoes for this recipe, go with Yukon potatoes or Russets. Russets are bit starchy than the rest which means extra crispy. They’re also quite fluffy on the inside which makes them easy to smash up.
- hits the hot surface it’ll produce a crispy and crunchy exterior.
- Make sure to dry well the potatoes with paper towels after you drain them.
- 2 1/2 pounds russet or yukon potatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon creole cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper(chopped) (optional)
- WITHOUT PARBOILING
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.Scrub potatoes , peel and clean and cut them into your desired shape about.medium dicedDrain the potatoes and put them in a large bowl.
- Season with salt , paprika, creole seasoning, garlic, and bell pepper . Add oil. Mix everything together
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer over a baking sheet, add bell pepper if using any.
- . Bake the potatoes for 20 -25 minutes, flipping them every 10 minutes with a spatula until they’re evenly browned and crispy, according to preference . Serve immediately .
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes clean and cut them into your desired shape about.
- Place in a saucepan with water and 1//2 teaspoons salt Bring this to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook 3-4 minutes, just until the edges are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and put them in a large bowl. Add paprika, creole seasoning , garlic green pepper, if using any . Drizzle the potatoes with melted butter or olive oil. Mix everything together.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer over a baking sheet. Bake the potatoes for 35-40 minutes, flipping them every 15 minutes with a spatula until they’re evenly browned and crispy, according to preference Allow to cool slightly and serve immediately.
Leave a Review