Moist pineapple banana bread laced with rum, vanilla and nutmeg and with bits of crushed pineapple throughout.
Oui Oui Oui. Count me in. Now don’t you want to enjoy a tropical breakfast right in the comfort of your home? And for an added bonus it is so easy to put together.
Whip up time -10 minutes or less.
I can’t tell you how many times I have made this recipe in the past couple of days and no one seems to be bothered by it. In fact, I have one last loaf hidden away in the freezer, if not “Big Me” (hubby) and “Mini me” (son) will not want to eat anything else.
Here is a picture of the banana bread right out of the oven – very moist and nice texture to it. See, I had to step out of the house in the middle of picture taking. What can I say, life happens! And it wasn’t happening with the pictures anyways.
So the rest of the images are those from the hidden loaf I had in the freezer. Just thought I should let you know.
If you have too many over ripe bananas don’t sweat it. Here are a few more recipes that you can try. This banana cake featured here, one of my childhood favorite here and last but not least these coconut chocolate banana muffin.
I hope you take the time to try one of these recipes. You would not regret it.
Watch How to Make It
Banana Pineapple Bread
- 2 large bananas or 1 cup mashed bananas
- ¾ cup crushed pineapple drained
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter replace with oil
- 1 -2 Tablespoon rum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with baking spray; set aside
- In a small bowl, mix together mashed bananas, crushed pineapple, and sour cream, with a potato masher.
- Then whisk in eggs, milk, rum and vanilla extract until smooth Add granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt
- Using a handheld mixer, add butter to the dry mixture until fully incorporated, and then gradually add wet ingredients
- Continue mixing for about 2 minutes until dry ingredients are fully incorporated. Scrape down sides.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan – bake for about 60-75 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool before slicing.
Leave a Review