Chocolate Chip Blondies – easy and delicious breakfast or snack treat with only less than 10 minutes prep time. Chewy, sweet, rich and crunchy on the edges!
I often make these indulgent treat, for my son, to take to school because they are so easy to whip up and are a hit with just about anyone.
They have slowly warmed their way into my heart. When I allow my self during the weekends, I bake a batch, in the wee hours, of the morning. Just after getting up from bed and before I know it, the whole thing is gone before noon. I can’t say for sure what happens…. your guess is as good as mine.
Are you familiar with the term Blondie’s? If not. They are An American Classic Cookie bar –easily confused for a brownie. The difference is Blondie’s are heavily laced with brown sugar while brownies are heavily laced with chocolate. If I were to do a blind taste test I would say, they taste just like chocolate chip cookie.
They are chewy, sweet, rich and crunchy on the edges. Just like cookies they can be adorned in different ways and you can include spices, nuts and chocolate chips to suit your taste buds.
My son enjoys his plain with chocolate chips only. I don’t know how long I can contain myself. I just want to experiment even more. Hopefully soon, especially since I do not have to pull out my mixer.
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup unsalted butter 115gram
- 1 cup all-purpose flour Regular baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 8×8 inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan butter over medium heat until melted. Set aside and let it cool.
- Meanwhile whisk flour, salt, baking powder and in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla, almond white and brown sugar until combined.
- Stir in melted butter, mix and add flour mixture until everything has been fully incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and scoop batter on to prepared pan and bake for about 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing into square shapes about 12.