Chocolate Covered Strawberries – fresh and juicy strawberries covered with crunchy, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate. Always a no-bake, crowd-pleasing dessert that is super easy to make yet makes a glamorous appearance on every dessert table. It’s a perfect dessert for any occasion!
What could be possibly better than red, juicy and fresh strawberries covered in an inviting chocolate and finished off with beautiful sprinkles?
It’s one of those desserts that you totally can’t ignore whether you’re already full with all the savory stuff or you have a special diet preference.
They simply are a great indulgence with a lesser guilt as they only contain lower calories per piece compared to other desserts. And not to mention that they also keep you full after popping on a couple without the sugar spike. It’s usually *THE* choice of dessert for those who are trying to watch closely their numbers on the scale.
And how can you resist them especially when they are beautifully sprinkled? They usually are on the spotlight when it comes to dessert. You can go as simple as dipping them in melted chocolate or get fancier by adding some nuts, coconut flakes or sprinkles as toppings. Some would even inject a little kick of balsamic vinegar into it.
Sky is the LIMIT!
But since Independence Day is just around the corner and strawberries are abundant this time of the year, these chocolate covered strawberries here would be the perfect sweet little gift to your loved ones who serve this country wholeheartedly OR as a party spotlight on your dessert table.
You could also get your kids involve with this homemade project. It’s simple with few ingredients and it doesn’t need any special skills to make these. Those little ones would surely have some fun!
The only trick that would make this project a success though is to have the strawberries very very dry before dipping them in chocolate. The chocolate coating won’t stick well if your strawberries have a bit of water.
Now go dress up your dessert table with a tray of these stunning and appetizing chocolate covered strawberries and WOW your guests and family!
Happy fourth of July!
Watch How to Make It
Tips and Notes:
- Make sure to keep the strawberries very very dry after rinsing them. Drops of water won’t let the chocolate coating stick well. So pat them dry and spread them out to air-dry.
- Coated strawberries can be kept in a room temperature for a few hours. They can also be refrigerated for a few days although they won’t be as pretty as on the day you made them.
- They are best enjoyed and served on the day of making them.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
- 8 ounce chocolate chips (any variety works)
- 4 ounce white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 pound large ripe strawberries
- 1 cup chopped nuts , almonds or pecans (optional) or coconut flakes
- Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper. Add chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, stop and stir frequently every 20-30 seconds so that is doesn’t scorch or burn. It usually takes about 2 minutes. Stir the chocolate continuously until it is smooth, shiny, and completely melted. Add about a teaspoon of oil to add shine to it .
- Hold strawberry by the stem end one at a time. Then dip the strawberries into the chocolate, about 3/4 of the way up turning the strawberry to make sure they’re evenly coated.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off, then transfer to the lined parchment paper.
- Repeat with the same process with remaining strawberries.
- If desired, roll the chocolate dipped strawberries gently in the nuts or coconut flakes to coat before placing them on the parchment paper. Refrigerate the dipped strawberries on the baking sheet until the chocolate is firm, at least 30 minutes.
Leave a Review