Creamy Lemon Garlic Boneless Chicken Breast – Easy, spicy and loaded with flavor. A tasty weeknight meal that only takes 30 minutes to make. There is nothing like a home cooked meal. The thing is, who has the time? This is especially the case for those who enjoy intensely flavored food. Although bold, the complex flavors featured in this type of cuisine often need time to develop. Fortunately, that isn’t the case with this delectable chicken recipe. In fact, it takes about 30 minutes so you definitely want to try this after a busy day at work. Most hear “quick chicken recipes” and think something along the lines of pan cooked chicken with dry seasonings or one involving a grill pan but this one features a rich, creamy sauce reminiscent of something you would have cooking low and slow for hours.
Once you take a bite, you notice that this Creamy Lemon Garlic Boneless Chicken Breast is cooked perfectly. It is firm yet tender and juices escape every inch as you chew. Next up is the sauce. Aside from the richness, it has this pungent note of garlic that commands the attention of your taste buds but does not overwhelm.
Garlic releases oils when cooked and those oils infuse nicely into this sauce. Then the lemon comes in. Garlic with the sweet, tart and very bright flavor of lemon greatly enhances any sauce and this one is no different. It’s deep and rich yet light, bright and pungent. For the best results, focus on using quality ingredients. Try organic chicken (if you have not already done so), buy quality garlic, and the freshest lemons you can get your hands on. It is very important to make the right selections with simple recipes like this.
This Creamy chicken pairs well with rice, pasta and most vegetables but the choice is yours 🙂
Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken Breast
- 1 1/2 - 2 pound boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- ¾ teaspoon seasoning or more (I used creole seasoning)
- ½ medium onion diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon thyme or ,Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup milk
- ¼ cup cream (heavy or whipping cream)
- ½ -1 cup broth or water
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon white pepper or black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 -1 Lemon Freshly squeezed Juice
- Lemon slices or wedges , to serve
- Rinse chicken breast, season with seasoned creole seasoning and salt.
- Set aside in a large sauce pan or large skillet. Heat oil over medium heat, until hot, and then add the chicken, brown about 3-5 minutes on each side to ensure even brownness .
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Drain oil and leave about 2 tablespoons.
- Add onions, followed by minced garlic. Stir for about 5 minutes, then add cream, milk, tomato sauce, paprika, white pepper, thyme, parsley, ½ cup broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Then add chicken. Adjust sauce thickness and seasonings with water or broth, salt according to preference.
- Simmer for a minute or 3-5 minutes .If you have thick cuts of chicken you might have to cook it longer , until chicken is fully cooked . Add lemon slices if desired ,Remove from heat and serve warm.
Tips & Notes: