Grilled Coconut Corn – Caribbean-inspired grilled corn that is sweet, savory, succulent, spicy, crunchy, and tasty. Sprinkled with coconut flakes for extra indulging corn on the cob!
Ok, here is the deal, immediately I came across a picture of Caribbean Grill Coconut Corn. I knew I had to sample it. Grill spicy corn topped with creamy mayo and roll in baked coconut flakes. It doesn’t get better than this? One of my favorite summer produce coupled with coconut , now you got me talking.
Now, I want to provoke your taste buds with this explosion of flavor, Caribbean-inspired grill corn- sweet, savory, succulent, spicy, crunchy, and tasty.
This corn is not your typical grill corn- this one is … to put it lightly – memorable.. If you love coconut as I do, you will love this recipe.
I know what you are thinking. Put your thoughts aside for a minute and try this recipe. What do you have to lose? Your taste buds would thank you. You can also make this recipe in the oven if you do not want to fire up the grill. Enjoy it.
Grill Coconut Corn
Grilled Coconut Corn - a Caribbean-inspired grilled corn that is sweet, savory, succulent, spicy, crunchy and tasty. Sprinkled with coconut flakes for an extra indulging corn on the cob!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 40 mins
- 4 fresh corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 paprika
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Place coconut flakes on baking sheet and lightly toast for about 10 minutes in the oven at 325 degrees
- In a small bowl combine all the dry ingredients- salt, cayenne pepper, thyme, paprika, black pepper and all spice. Set aside
- Remove the husks, pull off the silky threads from then place corn in aluminum foil paper. Sprinkle each ear of corn with about ½ teaspoon of mixed spices
- Then tightly wrap in aluminum foil. Place on the prepared grill. Grill corn for approximately 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until it‘s tender on all sides.
- Remove corn from the grill, open carefully, place corn on grill for approximately 5 minutes rotating all sides until grill marks form.
- Remove corn and coat with mayonnaise, using a brush. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with coconut flakes. Serve immediately with lime wedges.