Rum Raisin Pineapple Ice Cream – no churning required. This tropical ice cream is so creamy, dreamy and easy; it will make you dream of the Islands – get excited! I remember a period in my life, when I lost my waitressing job (broke college years). I was devastated; summer was my ka-ching time, no school just work. So this is what I did; got up in the morning, go out job hunting, fill out applications and the best part was getting a pint of ice cream on my way home. As soon as I got home I would eat it like there was no tomorrow. Calories? Are you kidding me, I did not even think of calories! It tasted so good, grabbing a spoon and just eating right out of the container. Gosh! It was the highlight of my day. You are going to want to do that with this ice cream. This went on for about 2 weeks…maybe 3 until I got a job, thank God! To tell you the truth, it was bitter sweet for me. Making ice cream always takes me back to that period in my life. I would have never stopped, if I knew about this method.This only takes 10 minutes to put together and you don’t even need a mixer, you fold in the condensed milk, with the whipped cream, add raisins, pineapple and flavoring – place in a loaf pan, let the freezer do it’s thing and voila! ice cream. It’s that easy, the hardest part is waiting. And did I tell you it is quite adaptable too! Oh yes, I went with some of my favorite combinations. Don’t like this combination? No problem. Leave out the raisins, pineapple and add chocolate and vanilla (my son’s favorite) Enjoy!
- 4 cups whipped cream (2 cups heavy cream)
- 1 14 oz can Condensed milk
- ¾ -1 cup raisin
- ¾ cup chopped pineapple (replace with any other fruit) optional
- 2 - Tablespoons Dark rum
- 1- teaspoon vanilla extract
- If using raisins and rum combine together first before proceed with the rest of ingredients, you might even do this overnight
- Add whipped cream to a bowl, then fold in or gently add the condensed milk, followed by the rest of the ingredients Once combined, pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze at least 6 hours to overnight.
You want to make this kid friendly, ditched the rum, use rum flavor extract or vanilla.
-Do not go overboard with the fruits, or rum, the most I used is a cup of fresh pineapple.
- If using heavy cream , whip with a mixer until stiff about 4 minutes , be careful when mixing, started checking after 3 minutes.
Updated recipe! Originally Posted July 2015