White Pizza Sauce – a creamy, rich, heavy, and delicious pizza sauce that will surely be a great addition to your family favorites! Can be stored well on your fridge, so make ahead for your next pizza party!
I really, really love pizzas, and I swear, I can eat it all daaayyy! All meat, all veggies, mixed, loaded with cheese, name it.
But there’s this one pizza flavor that my aunty used to make for us – the one that uses White Pizza Sauce. And no matter what its topping is, as long as it has my aunt’s White Pizza Sauce, ooohh, you’d bet I’d be eating the whole thing!
What is White Pizza Sauce?
Whenever I tell my friends about the White Pizza Sauce, they often recognize it as the Alfredo sauce. Although they almost have the same ingredients, they differ in consistency because of one thing – flour.
White Pizza Sauce is made from a roux to give it a thicker consistency, while an Alfredo sauce is much thinner to easily incorporate it with pasta.
Even my kiddo loves this pizza sauce. And it will never be difficult to make one every time he asks for it. Imagine, with just these 9 simple ingredients, you can give them a great pizza experience!
- Italian seasoning
- Heavy cream
- Whole milk
- Parmesan cheese
Which Pizza Toppings are Best with White Sauce?
There’s only one factor to consider when choosing for the best pizza topping to put on top of this white sauce – YOU!
Yes, you’ve read it right. This pizza sauce is so versatile that it’s really good with any pizza topping you know.
Why would you limit yourself with the toppings, when it really depends on your preference? But for my family, our favorite toppings are:
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Brie, Bacon
- Ham, Prosciutto
- Pepperoni, Tomatoes
- Caramelized Onions
- Roasted Bell Peppers
How about you? Share them on the comment box so I can give it a try! 😉
You don’t need to worry if ever you have made an extra sauce. All you need to do is to allow the sauce to cool to room temperature then transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate up to 5 days – just perfect if you are planning for a movie-pizza night.
However, you’ll notice that the sauce will thicken as it cools, but it will still be spreadable. If you’re having a hard time spreading it, thin it out by rewarming for a short time in the microwave.
CAUTION! Do not put it inside the freezer. Since it’s made with milk and cream, separation may occur.
Other Homemade Sauces To Try
Make mealtime extra special with these sauces that you can try at home:
How to Make White Pizza Sauce?
Well, I can’t wait to finally share this recipe with you. So here it is:
Add butter to a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and continue whisking for a minute or two, to get rid of the raw taste. Stir in Italian seasoning and minced garlic for about 30 seconds. Slowly add whole milk, and heavy cream whisking constantly until the mixture has thickened and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Remove from the heat, add cheese and stir until it is fully incorporated and smooth. Stir in basil, if desired. Once cooled, seal and refrigerate up to 5 days.
White Pizza Sauce
- 3 tablespoons (42g) salted butter
- 2 tablespoons (20g) flour
- 1 teaspoon (5g) minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon (0.9g) Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup (180ml) whole milk
- ½ cup (120g) heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup (33.3g) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons (2.6g) fresh Basil , chopped
- Add butter to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and continue whisking for a minute or two, to get rid of the raw taste. Stir in Italian seasoning and minced garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly add the whole milk, and heavy cream whisking constantly until the mixture has thickened and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat, add cheese and stir until it is fully incorporated and smooth.
- Stir in basil, if desired.
- Once cooled, seal and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Tips & Notes:
- Do not put it inside the freezer. Since it’s made with milk and cream, separation may occur.
- Check out my Homemade Pizza Dough HERE
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.