This Guinness Chocolate Cake with Baileys Cream Frosting is incredibly moist, decadent and melts in your mouth the best cake a Guinness lover could ever wish for, a one bowl chocolate cake with less than a minute of mixing required and 5 minutes prep What’s not to love?
I had come across a chocolate Guinness cake and always marveled at its rich dark color and how it would really taste like. And decided to give it a go. With lots s of chocolate and Guinness floating around, there is no time better time than now to try it.
So the first time I made this cake was with chocolate ganache. After several reviews by readers I decided to make it this time with Bailey cream cheese frosting and chocolate ganache
Oh La La!!!
The Bailey’s Cream Cheese Frosting …one word….Ridiculous.
I felt bad when making this cake with my son watching in anticipation…
It wasn’t just happening for this cake , there is Guinness in the batter and Bailey’s in the frosting! I couldn’t risk giving it to him. This is for grown ups only . I quickly had to whip up the black magic cupcake for him.
You are going to feel like a kid when eating it
It’s Riduculously fudge-y, dark, dense and Crazy Delicious.
Making it is ridiculously easy too.
Dump all the ingredients in a bowl
Mix with whisk , you do not need to pull out your mixer
Pour in a floured baking pan . Bake for about 45 minutes and you are all set.
It’s quite tasty without the embellishments .
You can leave out the Baileys cream cheese frosting. But , I wouldn’t recommend it.
.I started off with this black magic cake featured here (I love this cake!). Always gets rave reviews and super moist. You can make this for the kids .
The difference between these two cakes is the sour cream and Guinness. Am sure you want to know how it tastes like? Well, there is something about the combination of chocolate flavor and the Guinness that is incredible hard to describe.
You’ll just have made it! Words can ‘t describe it!
Happy Valentines Day!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-teaspoon baking powder
- 1-teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Large eggs
- ½ -cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup hot coffee
- 1 cup Guinness
- ½-cup vegetable oil
- Chocolate sauce
- 1 cup chocolate( semi sweet and milk chocolate)
- 3-4 Tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Bailey's Irish cream Frosting
- 4 ounce unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4-6 cups powdered sugar
- 4 -6 Tablespoons Baileys Irish cream.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan .Set aside
- In a large bowl mix together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, buttermilk, sour cream, Guinness, oil and vanilla; Mix with a spatula or wooden spoon for about 1 or 2 minutes (Batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool them completely on a cooling rack.
- Melt cream, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave for about a minute , mix until smooth and shiny.
- Pour over cake and serve.
- Bailey's Irish cream Frosting
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer or by hand . Add powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Slowly pour in the Bailey’s, adding less or more depending on how boozey you want the frosting to be .
- Refrigerate until ready to use . Spread over cake .