Avocado, White Bean, Tuna Salad – With Corn and Tomato. Drizzled with Herb dressing. Hearty and Satisfying Salad.
You know what’s challenging? Making a salad that is tasty, quick, filling and healthy. And for me it always starts with avocado I always have a bunch of them hanging around. Then you have beans – Love beans! How can you not love beans? Especially Fiber rich white beans.
In my household, we eat avocados with everything I mean EVERYTHING. So when am making a late dinner for the family and I want to serve something light, like a salad, without any other adornments. I have to make it substantial for hubby to even consider it dinner, and in these cool months this salad is just a nice refreshing contrast after the season of rich and heavy foods. This refreshing salad incorporates my favorite ingredients in the kitchen- corn, avocados and white beans, together with tomatoes, tuna and drizzled with herb vinaigrette or low fat ranch dressing. I love the herb dressing but hubby likes it with ranch dressing. You decide. When making salads if your ingredients are not fresh or don’t taste good the finished product would not taste good, either. So keep that in mind when buying your ingredients. Serve on a bed of salad or use tender spinach leaves. Have 1-2 extra avocados, if you would like to serve the salad in avocados. Recipe for low fat ranch here. You may omit the tuna to make it a vegan meal
Avocado, White Bean, Tuna Salad- With Corn and Tomatoes . Drizzled with Herb dressing. Hearty and Satisfying Salad.
- 1 can 12 ounces solid white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 cup diced red onion adjust to preference add more or less
- 1 can white/navy beans drained and rinse
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large avocado - peeled pitted, and cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup sweet canned corn drained and rinse
- ¼ cup chopped basil and parsley
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley and basil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Combine garlic, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt pepper, herbs in a blender or screw top jar and shake or process until well blended. Serve dressing with salad