Shrimp Cobb Salad – healthy and hearty salad with juicy shrimps, corn, avocado, bacon, lettuce and cheese. Toss with a homemade reduced-calorie ranch dressing or your favorite salad dressing!
It is summer and there is nothing more refreshing like a good old salad. This one is a staple everywhere – in my waitressing day this use to be a one of the top sellers at the restaurant I use to work at- with good reason. It is light yet satisfying too.
Loaded with shrimp, avocado, eggs, cheese and bacon. What’s not to love? The arrangement with all the colors is amazing and the taste is an explosion of flavors in your mouth.
This salad is usually made with iceberg lettuce but you should ditch it – yes iceberg gets a bad rep all the time. You know why? Because it has very little nutritional value- go with romaine lettuce instead or mix spring greens and get in a bit more vitamins.
The choice of vegetables, protein and cheese vary in this salad you may add tomatoes, cucumber and switch shrimp for grill chicken or beef.
Same rule applies with the cheese. Cobb salad is mostly made with blue cheese. For the life of me, I do not like buying blue cheese- it never tastes good at home and no one would as much as take a bite of any recipe that has blue cheese. Here, I used a mild cheese (feta cheese).
Serve this with this reduced-calorie buttermilk ranch dressing or you may use your favorite salad dressing.
Shrimp Cobb Salad - healthy and hearty salad with juicy shrimps, corn, avocado, bacon, lettuce and cheese. Toss with a homemade reduced-calorie ranch dressing or your favorite salad dressing!
- 2 boiled egg cooked and peeled
- 4 Slices of bacon
- ½-1 Pound of Shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of Canned Corn Kernels , drained
- 1 Medium Avocado
- 1/2 cup crumbed cheese blue or any other cheese
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce or mix with spring greens
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped into large pieces
- ½ cup low fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup low fat sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar optional
- ½ -3/4 cup buttermilk
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, lemon minced garlic, onion powder, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine and adjust for seasoning. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook bacon according to cooking instructions until crisp, then chop.
- Heat skillet on high heat; add a tablespoon of cooking oil, then lightly sauté shrimp for about 5 minutes or until cook. Set aside
- Gather the entire ingredients chopped avocado, then add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
Chop boil eggs into large chunks.
Chop tomatoes into large pieces.
Chop romaine in to bite size pieces.
Arrange ingredients on a platter and serve with dressing.