Oven Baked Pork Chops – easy one-sheet pan meal with juicy and tasty pork chops and roasted veggies on the side. A perfect family-friendly meal for a quick weeknight dinner!
I did my groceries last weekend, only to find out that I haven’t cleared up all of my meat in the freezer.
First off, I didn’t check out my freezer before I stepped out of the house. Second, I’m pretty thankful for how easy pork chops are to deal with. Agreed? And one of my favorite ways of preparing them is this Oven Baked Pork Chops with vegetables. Additionally, it really can’t get easier than this with a one sheet hearty recipe.
How to season pork chops?
Pork chops are without a doubt one of the easiest meats to season. You can either marinate them or simply slather with a dry rub. Whatever you choose, they always turn out absolutely great and perfect for busy weeknights or dinner date nights at home. As a matter of fact, even salt and pepper would do.
But I love to experiment! So I ended up with oven baked pork chops seasoned with my trusted homemade creole seasoning for warm flavors, along with thyme and garlic, Dijon mustard for a bit of acidity, and brown sugar for a bit of sweetness and a beautiful caramelization.
How long should I bake pork chops?
Since pork chops are a tender and quick-cooking meat cut, I always prefer to bake it in the oven as the gentle heat of the oven lets me control the rate of cooking. Cooking them on a stovetop makes it easier to overcook them.
For a bone-in chop of about a 1/2-3/4 inch thick, I suggest you cook them around 18-22 minutes at 400 F or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degress F. Additionally, pork chops with bone-in are quite juicier compared to the boneless one, so I highly suggest you buy the ones with bone-in.
How long to bake boneless pork chops?
On the other hand, if boneless pork chops are more appealing to you, you can cook your oven baked pork chops at around 15-19 minutes at 400 F. But if you have a thicker cut around 1 inch or so, try adding a few more minutes or until the thickest part reads 145 F degrees.
Moreover, don’t forget to cut the potatoes no larger than 4 cm/ 1 1/2 inch in diameter, or else they don’t cook at a prescribed time. You can cut the carrots in chunks but I prefer to have it lengthwise so they’ll cook properly.
These oven baked pork chops are without a doubt a family hit even to the most picky eater you have. Want more pork chop recipes? Try these easy Pan Fried Boneless Pork Chops here, Smothered Pork Chops OR this Marinated Pork Chops.
Watch How To Make It
Oven Baked Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops , bone-in, (1/2 -3/4 inch-thick)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic , minced
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worchestire sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons parsley , for garnish
- 1 pound potatoes , cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound asparagus , green beans and/ or carrots
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking or cookie sheet with foil or baking paper. Lightly, oil baking sheet or use a baking spray to grease it .
- Thoroughly dry pork chops, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In small bowl combine creole seasoning (homemade here) minced thyme, garlic , dijon mustard , worchestire sauce, sugar and oil . Season the pork with marinade then place on prepared cookie or baking sheet.
- In another bowl, season the potatoes with salt , oil and creole seasoning , place next to the pork chops.
- Place in the oven and roast until the pork is completely cooked through, about 18- 22 minutes or an internal temperature inserted in the thickest part reads 145 degrees F.
- If desired broil for about 2-3 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Tips & Notes:
- You may leave out the vegetables and just bake the pork or add whatever vegetables you wish to pair with your pork chops.
- Additionally, for thicker pork chop cut around 1 inch thick or so, try adding more cooking minutes until the thickest part reads 145 F degrees.
- Make sure to cut the potatoes small , so it cooks properly. If potatoes are not cooked, remove pork chops and continue cooking the potatoes. DO NOT over cook the pork chops.
- If desired, broil the chops for an additional 2-3 minutes until it caramelized.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
How to Cook Oven Baked Pork Chops
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil or baking paper. Lightly, oil baking sheet or use a baking spray to grease it .
Thoroughly dry pork chops, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside. In small bowl combine creole seasoning (homemade here) minced thyme, garlic , Dijon mustard , Worcestershire sauce, sugar and oil.
Season the pork with marinade then place on prepared cookie or baking sheet.
In another bowl, season the potatoes, carrots and asparagus (or green beans) with salt , oil and creole seasoning . Then place next to the pork chops.
Place in the oven and roast until the pork is completely cooked through, about 18- 22 minutes or an internal temperature inserted in the thickest part reads 145 degrees F. If desired broil for about 2-3 minutes, or until caramelized. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Leave a Review