Crispy Baked Chicken Wings Shawarma – with all the bold flavors of a shawarma, crisp and tender, finger licking good! Indulge guilt free- it is baked!
Ever since I made this African Style Shawarma I so so wanted to use up the same awesome flavors on some chicken wings. But was just too consumed with this chicken wings here, and did not want to get out of my rut.
This year, for me, is all about getting out of my comfort zone and trying bold new flavors and combination. For the most part- it has turned out great!
However, do you know what really convinced me to make this chicken? The Chicken wings 50% sale that my supermarket was offering. They sure do know how to get me. Sometimes, developing recipes can be costly but how could I pass up this sweet deal, I ain’t complaining!
These super tasty chicken wings are super easy to make with lets say…. not more than 10 minute prep. The only down side is letting the chicken marinate in the fridge. I would say marinate the chicken the day before and let it rest overnight. It allows the flavors to fully permeate the chicken. Don’t have that much time? Give it a couple of hours in the fridge before you roast.
To cut down on fat and ensure crispness, roast on a cookie rack. Want easy clean up? Line baking pan with aluminum foil and voila! You are set.
After you finishing roasting this chicken wing shawarma , you’ll want to lick your fingers after you eat it. Then the next thing you would do want to do is suck every last delicious morsel off the bones.
Crispy Baked Chicken wings shawarma – with all the bold flavors of a shawarma, crisp and tender, finger licking good! Indulge guilt free- it is baked!
- 3 pound chicken wings
- 1-3 teaspoons lemon juice I used 1 teaspoon
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon nut Meg
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ dried teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper adjust for heat tolerance
- 1 teaspoon salt or more
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon bouillon powder replace with ¾ teaspoon salt
- To make the marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together all the spices: the garlic, lemon juice, paprika, salt, nutmeg, thyme, cayenne pepper, coriander, bouillon spice and yogurt.
- Place in a zip lock bag or enclosed storage and Let it marinate for at least an hour or preferably overnight in the fridge
- When ready to bake, line a baking pan with foil: top with a wire rack. Arrange chicken wings out in a single layer. While the chicken wings are baking oil will slowly drip to the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake wings at 425 degrees until cooked through and skin is crispy, about 40-45 minutes-rotate wings half way through-roughly 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve with your favorite chicken wing sauce or this low fat ranch dressing
- To cut down on fat and ensure crispness, roast on a cookie rack and line baking pan with aluminum foil.
- . I would say marinate the chicken the day before and let it rest overnight. It allows the flavors to fully permeate the chicken but if you din't have much time, a couple of hours will do.