Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread – delicious homemade cinnamon bread that is buttery, sweet and cinnamony. Top it with rum glaze for an extra special breakfast or after snacks!
I don’t think you can lose with the combination of bread, butter and cinnamon sugar. For a while now, I have been planning on baking cinnamon bread for my 4 year old son- you see, he loves cinnamon bread and nags me about it all the time. So I caved in – in order to maintain my sanity. If you have a four year old, you know how that goes- they never give up!
There are so many recipes out there for cinnamon bread, but I decided to go with my sweet roll recipe here, there is something about this bread ,that I love sooooo much; it is delicious with a cup of coffee, works great as burger buns, and in this cinnamon bread it is simply amazing! Believe it or not, I have made this sweet roll more than 200 times and never get tired of it!
This cinnamon bread starts with bread dough, rolled out , 12 by 20 inch, spread with butter , sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, cut it into shapes, bake and voila-You got cinnamon bread.
Baking this bread overnight works best for me, I make the dough and refrigerate overnight to deepen it’s flavor. Then bake in the morning .Use a 9×5 loaf pan or any bake pan(I often use different baking pan- you might experiment and see which you like best)
Serve it plain or with maple syrup (I used rum glaze featured here )
- 1 package 2 1/4teaspoon Active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons Warm water (105F- 115 F)
- 1 cup Warm Milk 105F -115F
- 6 ounce butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cupsBread flour or replace with A.P Flour
- 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 cups A. P flour
- 2 oz melted butter
- Cinnamon sugar Mixture
- 3/4 cup brown sugar white sugar works too
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large mixing bowl mix the dry yeast with the warm water . Let it desolve for about 5 minutes.
- Add milk , melted butter, sugar , egg , vanilla and salt.
- Mix by hand or on low speed for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in the bread flour . Then, add the AP flour until th the dough is moist but not sticky.
- Knead for about 8 minutes by hand or with the dough hook on low speed until the dough is smooth is smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough to and oiled bowl and turn it over once to coat with oil. Cover loosely and let it rise in a warm place 75F to 80F until doubled in volume 1 1/2 t0 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to about 350 F degrees - Oil or lightly spray loaf pan(9x5)- set aside
- Punch the dough down, at this point you may roll out the dough into a rectangle ; about 12 inches by 20 inches. Brush the dough with 2 oz of melted butter, then sprinkle with sugar cinnamon mixture. Cut the dough into about 6 strips. Stack the strips on top of one another. Cut the stack into six pieces, about 2" x 3 1/2" each. I usually play with the sizes sometimes it's 8 strips.
- Turn the pieces on edge, and place them in the loaf pan (9x5). Make sure you stack them against each other lightly , they do rise. If there is any leftover cinnamon mix sprinkle it over the bread
- Lightly cover the loaf pan with a kitchen towel and let rest in a warm area for another 30 minutes .
- Bake about 40-45 minutes.