Deviled Eggs – Creamy & rich Deviled Eggs with a spicy and flavorful twist! Easy go-to appetizer that’s budget-friendly, simple, and delicious. A delightful appetizer not only for Easter, but for graduation parties, picnic and entertaining. Start with the Traditional filling and go crazy with the toppings .
Deviled eggs are a classic for a reason. They are the go to appetizers everyone loves. When you think about it, what is there not to like about hard boiled eggs that have been halved and refilled with a seasoned paste made with their shelled yolks? There are two things that stand out about this particular recipe and those are 1. The seasonings used in the filling and 2. The temperature at which you must serve the eggs. Let’s discuss.
The taste of hard boiled yolks is underwhelming and therefore need some sprucing up. When presented with a blank slate, the best way to go is creamy and bold. To achieve just the right texture, mayonnaise is added to ensure that it melts on the tongue while mustard, paprika, and a few other additions bring heat, spice, and complexity.
As for serving temperature, the colder the better so you want to make the eggy appetizers hours before you plan to serve them. Biting into a perfectly chilled deviled egg is an experience. There is something about the cold temperature that enhances both taste and texture.
Fortunately, the many highlights of the delicious appetizers do not end there. Part of the fun of deviled eggs are toppings which offer more color, texture and enhance the already divine taste. Two must-trys are sliced jalapenos and bacon. Jalapenos have a gentle, green flavor best described as vegetal and are mildly spicy making them a wise choice when entertaining. As for adding bacon, it gives the already rich eggs additional fat along with salty crispness. With my Oven Baked Bacon, it would be easier for you to prepare a big batch of bacon with no flipping required.
For the best results, avoid overcooking the eggs, don’t overdo it on the mayo and always take the time to pipe the filling into the egg whites. In addition to pleasing the palate, you want visual appeal.
Deviled Eggs with Bacon and Jalapeños
- 6 large hard boiled eggs peeled
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2-1 tsp creole seasoning adjust to taste
- 1/2-1 tsp hot sauce adjust to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 jalapenos , thinly, sliced
- 3-4 pieces bacon , cooked, crisp, and chopped
- 1/4 tsp paprika adjust to taste
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water , then bring to a rolling boil.Turn off heat, cover eggs and let it sit for about 10- 12 minutes. Remove one and do a test to be on the safe side
- Remove the egg yolks and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise, creole seasoning, hot sauce , salt and pepper. Whisk ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Spoon egg yolk mixture into small resealable plastic bag. Cut small corner from bottom of bag; use to pipe filling into egg white halves.
- Top with bacon and jalapenos and serve.
Leave a Review