Creamy Shrimp Pasta – Pasta smothered in a creamy sauce infused with garlic and herbs & tossed through with Juicy shrimp. Spicy, Buttery, Creamy Shrimp and pasta ready in 30 minutes.
Don’t have a menu for the day? No worries ! This is just one of those meals that is a no brainer !
Instead of ordering out you can get this super tasty meal on the table and satisfy the whole family, when you are press for time .
My son does not like shrimp – lucky me. I get to eat his share but he loads up on the pasta and it’s always a struggle to get him to stop. And hubby always wants seconds. It never disappoints .
So this is a spin off recipe from this my super quick, super flavorful 15 minute Cajun Herb Shrimp– one of my favorite ways of enjoying a quick yet flavorful meal on a weeknight.
After making this for a while, I decided to switched things up by adding some cream and tomato paste to it to make it more comforting, creamy and elegant.. Like a fancy shmancy restaurant and it worked beautifully.
The end result is – a simple, yet rich and elegant weeknight meal, good enough for a celebratory meal with friends or a weeknight dinner.
The hardest part to this dish is chopping of the herbs –it takes less than 3 minutes – then you are set. Get the spaghetti going so as soon as the sauce is ready you are good to go. I have made this with and without Parmesan cheese. I am not going to lie, it taste better with Parmesan cheese. But I have a few family members who say otherwise.
Make it to your heart’s desire. Don’t let anyone rock your boat !
Watch How to Make It
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”26K2ZWMq” upload-date=”Mon Aug 06 2018 19:52:04 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)” name=”Creamy Shrimp Pasta” description=”Creamy Shrimp Pasta – Pasta smothered in a creamy sauce infused with garlic and herbs & tossed through with Juicy shrimp. Spicy, Buttery, Creamy Shrimp and pasta ready in 30 minutes.”]
Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- 1 pound(450grams) large shrimp peeled and deveined
- ¾ teaspoon creole seasoning
- 2 or more ounce (56 grams) un-salted butter
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste (optional)
- ½ cup(120ml) heavy cream
- ½ cup(120ml) milk
- ½ cup(120ml) chicken stock
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or more to taste
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounce spaghetti
- Start by boiling pasta in a large pot, according to box instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet Lightly season shrimp with creole spice. Heat about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil or butter over medium heat in skillet.
- Sauté shrimp for about 3 -5 minutes, until lightly cooked. Set aside.
- Add butter, followed by garlic, then add, paprika, thyme, oregano, stir for about a minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste; give it another stir, followed by cream, milk, lemon juice and chicken broth
- Bring it to a boil then simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add shrimp, and parsley. Stir until combined. Add cheese if using cheese. Stir for about a minute, adjust salt and pepper to suit taste bud. Add more chicken broth if needed.
- Add pasta to the pan , stir.
- Turn off heat and let pasta soak up some of the sauce.
This recipe has been updated , originally posted on December 2014