Grill Caribbean Coconut Shrimp-Flavorful grilled Coconut Shrimp- seasoned with garlic, coconut milk, thyme. Quick and easy – really tasty! Great as an appetizer too!
This a quick and easy Grill Caribbean Coconut Shrimp that is the ultimate summer shrimp to make when you are entertaining, for dinner, lunch or just because. It can be made indoor s or outdoors.
The first time I made this was because I wanted to use up my leftover over coconut milk. It so happen, that I was making the shrimp to top a rice dish. Unfortunately, it never made it to the table. In between grilling the shrimp, the whole family kept pulling one out of the skewers until it was all gone. It is had to resist – the taste is amazing. The flavor of thyme, garlic, onion and coconut milk makes it so enticing.
For those that do not like the texture of coconut this would be a great alternative, the coconut milk adds flavor to this succulent, sultry shrimp without texture. Yielding a mild coconut taste that is hard to tell.
Avoid marinating the shrimp for more than 5 minutes – it will get tough. Feel free to use two skewers per kebab it will help keep the shrimp in place when turning them on the grill. Compared to the baked caribbean shrimp, this has less calories but is still finger licking good.
Word of caution, resist the urge to eat it before you are done.
Serve it with a plate of vegetables , salad or go overboard with this super easy mexican rice
Caribbean Coconut Milk Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder replace with 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Soak the skewers for at least 20 minutes totally submerged in water before using it to prevent burns.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. If using grill pan lightly spray or oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking to the pan
- In a medium bowl, mix garlic powder, onion power, thyme, salt, cayenne pepper, coconut milk and bouillon powder
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers about 3 per skewer. Making sure the front on the skewer is fully covered with shrimp.
- Brush the shrimp skewer with coconut milk spice mixture; on both sides. Place skewers on grill pan.
- Grill for about 2-3 minutes per side until fully cooked through. Serve warm with vegetables, rice or with dipping sauce
- Serve warm.
Leave a Review