Creamy, Cheesy, Spicy, and fettuccine shrimp scampi bacon –need I say more?
Pure Fettuccine comfort food – and you don’t have to leave home or pay a hefty price to enjoy this wonderful meal, like you would at a restaurant. Let me show you how.
So I made this bacon shrimp scampi and love it. However, my sister said, she wanted more…(she likes creamy stuff). So I kicked it up with cream and Parmesan reggiano cheese to please her “Majesty”.
The end result is -a simple yet rich and elegant weeknight meal, good enough for a celebratory meal with friends.
This recipe is so easy to make it only takes about45 minutes to make from start to finish. Most of the ingredients you may have already.
It starts by browning the bacon and shrimp separately, followed by onions, spices, cream, milk and cheese and voila- a decadent main course.
I hope you enjoy this one Gwen because I just can’t have enough of it!
Creamy Bacon Fettuccine Shrimp Scampi
- ½ pound fettuccine noodles
- 2 chopped thick cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ medium onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 medium tomato diced
- ¼ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or more
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by boiling pasta in a large pot, according to box instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium heat, sauté bacon until brown and crisp this may take about 3-5 minutes
- Then remove bacon form skillet and transfer to a plate.
- There will be some bacon drippings left in the pan (not more than 1-2 tablespoons).
- Add about 1 Tablespoon of butter to the pan. Followed by onions, garlic, tomatoes and pepper flakes. Let it simmer for about for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent any burns. Add the milk, and cream.
- Add shrimp, pour in chicken stock, parsley. Stir until combined. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 3-5 minutes add cheese . Stir for about a minute, adjust salt and pepper to suit taste bud.
- Drain cooked pasta and add to the pan with bacon and shrimps toss all of the ingredients together.
- Turn off heat and let pasta soak up some of the sauce.