Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin — tender, moist and tasty muffins with great flavor combination of sweet bananas and chocolate chips. Sweet enough for a light dessert but also perfect for breakfast and after school snack. Comes ready in 30 minutes!
I always have bananas in my pantry. Most of the time, I just left them to ripe until it have few black patches (but still with manageable taste) just so I have an excuse to make whatever desserts I have in my mind.
If you’re looking for some ways to revamp your overly ripe bananas into, I got your back, peeps. You can try this Caribbean Banana Nut Bread , Banana Pineapple Bread and Banana Chocolate Coconut Muffin. All of them are big hit in the family and in my workplace, too.
You can never go wrong with bananas!
They are pretty much accessible here in my area and has a decent price too, so why not grab the opportunity and make it a part of a healthy daily diet, right? But today, we’re skipping that “H” word. Oh yes! Let’s say that again.
My son has been turning me into some sort of baking machine, so evidently, we’ve been consuming a lot of baked goods lately. But no complaints AT ALL cause your girl here loves it too.
These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe have a short list of ingredients and it’s pretty easy to make, too. You don’t even need to take out your mixer for some help. And you bet, you can always sign me up for any easy baking!
If you have kids in the house, make it a fun activity for them. They’d surely love you for that! If they want to stir the batter, go ahead, let them do so. If they want to add their personal touch into it, let them be.
For this baking session, I let him doll up his Banana Chocolate Muffins to his heart desires. The Kitchen mess is another story for another time!!!
These muffins are also perfect school snacks to add on their snack box or for after-school munch when they get home. Kids really love anything with chocolate chips.
These heavenly muffins will surely make you feel like a baking pro. No fuss baking with short list of ingredients. Plus some huge hugs from your little ones. Awww, those are completely priceless. Happy baking!
Tips and Notes:
- In this recipe, I used the mini chocolate chips on muffins but you may replaced it with the regular semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Feel free to replace the chocolate chips with chopped pecans, walnuts or dried berries. You may also combine it with the chocolate chips for that extra texture on the muffins.
- You may place the batter on paper baking cups but after many attempts I prefer to grease the muffin pan and just pour the batter on it directly. Paper baking cups tend to get the muffin bottom soggy. But if you really want them on baking cups, grease the pan first before putting all the cups.
Banana Chocolate Chip MuffinBanana Chocolate Chip Muffin — tender, moist and tasty muffins with great flavor combination of sweet bananas and chocolate chips. Sweet enough for a light dessert but also perfect for breakfast. Comes ready in 30 minutes!Prep: 15 minsCook: 20 minsTotal: 35 minsAmericanServings 8 - 10 muffins
- 2 large bananas mashed (about a cup)
- ¼ cup sour cream/yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (100grams) brown sugar
- ½ cup (100grams) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (240grams) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (4 ounce, 120ml) unsalted melted butter (replace with oil)
- 1 cup (175 grams) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf or muffin pan with baking spray; set aside
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, mashed bananas, sugar (brown and white) sour cream and vanilla.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Gradually add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients add whisk with a spatula until thoroughly mixed.
- Finally pour in melted butter and thoroughly mix. Scrape down sides.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan – bake for about 60-75 minutes, if using a loaf pan or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- If using a muffin pan bake for 16 -20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Nutrition Information:Calories: 395kcal (20%)| Carbohydrates: 59g (20%)| Protein: 5g (10%)| Fat: 15g (23%)| Saturated Fat: 9g (56%)| Cholesterol: 73mg (24%)| Sodium: 320mg (14%)| Potassium: 223mg (6%)| Fiber: 1g (4%)| Sugar: 30g (33%)| Vitamin A: 475IU (10%)| Vitamin C: 2.6mg (3%)| Calcium: 65mg (7%)| Iron: 1.9mg (11%)