This cheesy and loaded BEAN DIP only requires 30 minutes of your time. And before you know it, you’ll be serving a fancy baked dip with refried beans as the star of the show and cream cheese to make it creamy good. Perfect for scooping with your favorite chips or baguettes!
Have you ever found yourself hosting a (socially-distanced or online) party at the last minute? Running out of ideas on what to serve (even if you’d most likely eat the whole thing)? Can’t make that extra trip to the supermarket?
Fret not because this cheesy Bean Dip is what you need, whether you’re hosting an online party, or just for a Friday night movie marathon.
I personally love pairing this with my homemade Tortilla Chips ‘coz of the contrasting texture between the crispy chips and the velvety dip. It’s sooo good, that I swear to myself I wouldn’t be eating this all alone. (Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you.)
What is Bean Dip?
Bean Dip is a dipping sauce that is very famous for its Tex-Mex origin. It is made of beans or refried beans. Unlike regular bean salsa, it is blended into a smooth consistency along with other ingredients like green chiles, cream cheese, cheese, and jalapeno among others.
What makes this dip even crazy good is that it’s seasoned with Taco seasoning for that exciting Mexican flavor profile that will keep you coming back for more.
Homemade Dip Ingredients
Not only that this Mexican dip is quick and easy to make, it also uses pantry staple ingredients that are probably sitting in your pantry. Here’s what you’ll be needing for this easy homemade dip recipe.
Refried Beans – You can use any kind of beans for this recipe, but I strongly recommend you to make it from scratch. You can check my Refried Beans recipe HERE.
Cream Cheese – This is what makes our dip so rich and creamy!
Sour Cream – Adds a little bit of tang to the mixture.
Greek Yogurt – A little bit sweeter than normal yogurt but with the same health benefits
Seasonings – This Homemade Taco Seasoning is what I use to achieve that rustic Tex-Mex flavor. I always have some stored in my pantry.
Green Chiles – Adds an earthy pepper flavor
Grated Cheese – Did someone say more cheese? Yes, please! I use cheddar cheese but you can use any kind you prefer.
Jalapenos – A little bit of heat won’t hurt anyone!😉
Green Onions – Gives our Refried Bean Dip a light and fresh taste.
Grape Tomatoes – Yes you read that right! I added grape tomatoes to this recipe because it adds sweetness and color. Cherry tomatoes work fine, too.
Storage and Making Ahead Instructions
You can make this Cheesy Bean Dip in advance by placing it in the baking dish covered with plastic wrap and refrigerate it until ready to bake. When cooked, it can last for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
What to Serve with this Dip?
This Homemade Bean Dip can go well with tortilla nachos or any chips you have. You can also pair it with Homemade Breadsticks, crackers, veggie sticks, or even chicken wings (Yesss! Now who’s ready to party?!)!
More Tex-Mex Dip Recipes You Can Try:
Can’t get enough of this? Try my other favorite Tex-Mex party dips below.
How to Make Cheesy Bean Dip
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, add cream cheese, refried beans, taco seasoning, green chiles, sour cream, Greek yogurt, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Scoop the bean mixture into a baking dish. Top the dip with the remaining shredded cheese. Place in the preheated oven and Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and sides are bubbly. Remove from the oven. Top the bean dip with chopped tomatoes, green onion, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro. Serve warm with tortilla chips (homemade HERE).
- 4 oz cream cheese , softened
- 4 cups refried beans (homemade here)
- 1-2 tbsp taco seasoning (homemade here)
- 4 oz green chilies , canned, diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 ½-2 cups cheddar cheese , grated and divided
- ½ cup jalapeno , diced (optional)
- 2 green onions , diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , sliced in half or chopped
- tortilla chips (homemade here)
- 1 green onion , diced
- ½ jalapenos , sliced
- 2-3 tbsp cilantro , chopped
- 1 tomato , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Scoop the bean mixture into baking dish. Top the dip with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Place in the preheated oven and Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and sides are bubbly. Remove from the oven.
- Top the bean dip with chopped tomatoes, green onion, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips (homemade HERE).
Tips & Notes:
- You may use canned refried beans if short in time.
- Swap cheddar cheese with any of your favorite cheese.
- Feel free to add half a pound of cooked ground beef or sausage into the mix.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.