Pineapple Jalapeños Corn Muffin- Slightly Sweet, Slightly Spicy and all parts Delicious.Only 30 minutes away from this these tropical Corn bread.
I love cornbread and corn muffins so I thought why not add some pineapple to my cornbread…. What could go wrong?
Well I did.
Let me just say this, it’s cold rainy winter day and I needed some corn bread to go with this bowl of Caribbean black bean. I think its’ crime not to have cornbread to with it; the result a super moist sweet tropically delicious cornbread. Its tender, buttery and slightly spicy .The flavor makes you feel like you’re on a tropical vacation but it’s only taking place in your mouth. Fancy that…
I have been making this for the past month now. And this is it for me! They have easily become an instant favorite. The pineapple is not overwhelming… it adds a wonderful, sweet flavor with a delicious textured cornbread.
Jalapeño adds the perfect amount of kick and compliments the pineapple beautifully
Man! It’s like they were meant to be, a perfect match.
This recipe is super simple and comes together in about 30 minutes. Most cornbread recipes typically use more much more flour than cornmeal, this is no exception it makes a light and soft and less crumbly. If you are want of those that prefer corny cornbread then switch it around and use more cornbread. Do not over do it because it might result in a dry cornbread. So go with half and half.
Am not changing a thing here. They come together so easy and are ready in about 30 minutes. I threw in some corn because just love biting into whole corn. Not necessary, just my thing
And if you want you can pair it with this Caribbean Black Bean Soup. YUM!
Tropical Corn Bread
- 1 1/2 cup 195grams all-purpose flour
- ½ cup 65grams corn meal
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple drained(about ¾ cup)
- ½ 115 grams cup sour cream
- ½- cup 120ml milk or coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Jalapenos pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika optional
- 4 tablespoons 57grams unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup canned corn optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a muffin tin and set aside. Or you could use muffin liners; make sure you spray them with a cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk in, sour cream, milk, and lightly beaten eggs until well combined
- Then, add crushed pineapple, jalapenos and melted butter
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.