This Rice and Beans Round-Up defines what comfort food really is. Rice dishes loaded with beans and peas, offering a variety of flavors that are truly comforting and satisfying. Spicy or not, they are guaranteed to bring warmth and solace to all ages, anytime, and anywhere around the globe.
Nothing screams comfort food than a warm bowl of rice and beans served with my favorite entree, Southern Fried Chicken or Jerk Barbecue Ribs. They are a match made in heaven! I can eat them all day without complaint.
In fact, I love rice and beans so much that I have them on my website in different versions. Oh yes! From savory and spicy, creamy and tangy, meaty and vegan, – I have it all! And planning to add more in the future, for sure!
For now, enjoy these crave-worthy recipes I compiled for you, and join me in my hearty and cozy beans craze. 😉
Spicy Rice and Beans Recipes
Craving for red beans and rice? Say no more! This one right here is made with canned red beans. Yes! Canned beans – No soaking is required! Woohoo! Cooked in a rich and creamy coconut milk enriched with chicken broth along with long-grain rice. You’ll love it spicy or not! 😉
Give in to your comfort food cravings with this spicy African delight. Extremely savory and flavorful rice and beans cooked in chicken broth generously seasoned with cayenne pepper, paprika, and thyme. Best served with Fried Plantains and Baked Crispy Chicken Legs to complete this hearty combo.
If you haven’t tried this Jamaican rice treat, then you’re surely missing out. It’s screaming nothing but warm comforting goodness from rice cooked in well-spiced coconut milk then infused with fiery hot scotch bonnet peppers and allspice. Every bite will surely remind you of home, totally!
Revamp your regular rice dish with the addition of corn, bell peppers, and pigeon peas. Cooked in creamy coconut-based sauce brimming with cozy flavors from scotch bonnet peppers, creole salt, paprika, and thyme. I’ll pair it with Curry Shrimp and Baked Plantains if I were you. 😉
This crave-worthy dish completes the list of easy red beans and rice recipes. Prepared with tender and juicy chicken, baked to perfection, and served on top of fragrant rice and beans. Irresistibly delicious and spicy rice dish that will surely be devoured in just seconds! 😉
Savory Rice and Beans Recipes
This one right here is without a doubt a winning dish! Exploding with smokey and spicy flavors from Creole Seasoning, Paprika, and cayenne pepper and with added meaty goodness from Andouille sausage, ham hock, and smoked turkey. This will surely be one of the most requested dinners of all time.
Want a quicker version of this? See my Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice HERE.
Grace your table with one of the best black beans and rice recipes in town. Slightly similar to Cuban rice and beans with its blasting flavors from various herbs and spices which you can easily customize with Cajun or Mexican seasonings. Certainly, a quick comfort food fix that will surely warm your soul.
Oh, I wouldn’t miss this for anything else. Arroz con Gandules is a delectably comforting rice dish filled with pigeon peas, olives, and bacon. The addition of sofrito, sazon seasoning, and tomato sauce complements the whole dish. Make it more lavish with a dash of cayenne pepper for extra heat. 😉
Make dinner extra special with this Spanish rice and beans loaded with chicken, bell pepper, peas, and corn. Meticulously prepared and richly flavored with various herbs and spices. What a filling and satisfying Spanish feast that comes together in less than an hour! 😉
Enjoy the wonderful smell filling up your kitchen while cooking this dish. This rice dish here is loaded with large shrimps, peas, and carrots, and fragrant rice cooked in coconut milk. Aah! So easy to make yet delivers mouthwatering goodness from curry, thyme, and oyster sauce. This will surely please everyone around the table!
Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breast , skinless and boneless
- salt to taste (I used 1 ¼ teaspoon salt)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon bouillon powder (you may replace with salt)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Wash chicken breast, then pound to an even thickness before cooking.
- Place the chicken on a chopping board, then cover in a plastic wrap. Using a mallet, pound until all the pieces are of an even thickness as possible. Between a quarter and half inch is best, but the essential thing is making sure the width is as uniform as possible.
- You need to cover the meat before you beat it to keep the bodily fluids from flying around the room.
- Salt chicken, then combine spices (herbs, onion and garlic powder, paprika, white and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Sprinkle both sides with generous amount of the spice blend, place them on a lined cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 16- 18 minutes, and juices are clear or a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 160-170 degrees. This all depends on the thickness of your chicken. For accurate results, it is best to use thermometer.
- Let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing to prevent excess juice from running out. Remove and serve with veggies and/or rice.