One-Pot Creamy Jerk Shrimp Spaghetti– An irresistible super simple, one-pot dish filled with mushrooms and shrimp in a spicy jerk creamy sauce. So delicious! Ready in 30 minutes.
If at times you get caught in a rut and want a change from the same old stuff. Here is one dish that that is GUARANTEED to please, with minimal prep work and is on the table in 30 minutes. Sounds pretty appetizing, right?
This is one of those recipes that I make to switch things up and satisfy the cravings of my son. You see, I have a big jar of this homemade Jamaican spice that is just a favorite of my son, he just loves to spice things up with it. And is persistently asking me to add it to everything, when an opportunity presents itself. He calls it his “special spice” (he helped developed the spice blend, and he’s not shy about it) some of them really don’t do it for me. But this hits the spot.
This jerk spaghetti is a spin off on my creamy spaghetti dish, which is a favorite in my household. The speed, ease of preparation is what I love about this sumptuous spaghetti meal and the taste! Yes, it really delivers! Tons of flavor that you can taste in every bite, perfect for a weeknight meal.
Make sure you get the spaghetti going as soon as the sauce is ready you are good to go. The jerk seasoning is used here to flavor the shrimp before sautéing and to spice up the overall dish.
If you haven’t tried my Fabulous jerk mix here, then you should it is a great seasoning to have on hand. And customize to suit your needs. If you are not into fiery hot, adjust to make it work for you. I do it all the time, and sometimes, I just leave out the hot pepper completely and add to the dish instead.
The cheese is optional, you really don’t need it. Be sure to adjust jerk spice to suit your needs.
Creamy Jerk Shrimp Spaghetti
- 1/2 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups sliced mushroom
- 1 teaspoon Jerk seasoning adjust to suit taste
- 4 oz. un-salted butter
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Juice of ½ lemon or more to taste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato paste
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounce spaghetti
- Start by boiling pasta in a large pot, according to box instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet Lightly season shrimp with Jerk spice. Heat about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil or butter over medium heat in skillet.
- Sauté shrimp and mushroom for about 3 -5 minutes, until lightly cooked. Set aside.
- Add butter, followed by garlic, then add, paprika, thyme, Jerk spice, stir for about a minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste; give it another stir, followed by cream, milk, lemon juice and chicken broth
- Bring it to a boil then simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add shrimp mushroom and parsley. Stir until combined. Add cheese if using cheese. Stir for about a minute, adjust salt and pepper to suit taste bud. Add more chicken broth if needed.
- Add pasta to the pan , stir.
- Turn off heat and let pasta soak up some of the sauce.