Jamaican Jerk Seasoning – Save money and make your own homemade Jerk Spice, it is quick to put together and can be easily customized for personal preference.
Did I mention I was cleaning up my pantry? Using up some spices that have been sitting in the pantry patiently and getting rid of others that would never make the cut these days? Spice blends to be specific. I have come to the conclusion that most of these spice blends can be made at home and taste way better and some are cost-effective too! Take for example, this Jamaican jerk seasoning; I did not go out of my way to get any extra spices. Yes, some of the spices are the ones you use in your everyday meals or ones you can incorporate in your cooking.
Do you know I had two Jamaican Jerk Seasoningof jerk spice just chilling in the pantry? After making my own spice blend I said goodbye to the two jars and we parted ways – amicably, of course, no hard feelings. There was no way I’m going to use up the Jamaican Jerk Seasoningstuff anymore!
Yeah, I know it is money down the drain. So I am going to think twice about buying them next time, every penny counts. This tastes way better!!!!
This is a blend of sweet tropical spices and one or two savory herbs coupled with a pleasing, peppery heat. Now the good thing about Jamaican Jerk Seasoningyour own spice blends is getting rid of some spices that you absolutely cannot tolerate. And throwing in the ones you simply adore. Make it completely Paleo, Vegan or taste- bud worthy! My son had a blast when I was taking pictures; he decided to make his own special blend. He taught it needed some sweetness…. who am I to say no? Whatever rocks his boat!
Now, whenever I use this spice, which for the last few weeks has been on a weekly rotation (in various proteins and sides), he wants to use his own special blend, I let him do. It makes him feel accomplished. Hang tight, I am going to share with you a few of my recipes and there will be more to come – Barbecue season is quickly approaching Enjoy!!!
Watch How To Make It
Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Recipe
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground gingerspice
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon spice
- 1 tablespoon ground all spice
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ Tablespoon ground nutmeg spice
- 2 -3 Tablespoons coconut sugar replace with brown sugar
- ½ - 1 Tablespoon vegetable chicken, Maggie powder (bouillon) adjust to suit taste buds
- 1 Tablespoon or more Hot pepper Chili, cayenne pepper, pepper flakes Adjust to suit taste buds
- 2 tablespoons dried green onion flakes (optional) See notes
- zip lock
Tips & Notes: