Baked Jerk Chicken Wings – Baked to crispy perfection with all the bold flavors of jerk spice rub – 10 minutes of prep is all you need!
This is going to be the easiest recipe with this Jamaican Jerk Spice blend here, that am going to share with you. After my spice blend mixture was complete, I just had to put it to the test. What better protein to test it on than chicken wings? What requires minimal prep and is a great crowd pleaser too? Chicken wings of course!
If you can’t decide what to make for your next gathering just wing it.
These chicken wings are sure to be a hit at your next party, game day or anytime.
You just knew this was coming right?
To tell you the truth, I have become somewhat complacent when it comes to chicken these days. All I do is sprinkle jerk seasoning on any cut of chicken that is available and go on with my usual business.
No complaints so far, I even made some of these jerk wings to take to the beach and it was a hit with everyone, even those with discerning palates (kids).
I know kids go crazy over anything wings, as long as they have dipping sauce to go with it.
I completely forget about the kids and brought along pepper sauce instead. No one asked for a dipping sauce, which was a great relief.
If you love this chicken wings, you are going to go crazy for these ones right HERE they are grilled and smothered in hot and sweet sauce. Finger lickin’ good.
Baked Jerk Chicken Wings
- 2 1/2 - 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2-3 Tablespoons Homemade Jerk Spice Blend
- 1 1/2 -2 teaspoons salt
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425°.
- Wash Chicken Wings, if time permits let it dry out in the fridge for a couple of hours (about 3 or more)
- Do not cover, let then dry out in the fridge
- If short on time, dry wings with paper towel or kitchen towel, then proceed with the next step.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl, with all the Jerk Spice, drizzle with oil (optional)
- Line a baking pan with foil; top with a wire rack. Arrange chicken wings out in a single layer. While the chicken wings are baking oil will slowly drip to the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, about 45-50 minutes-rotate wings half way through-roughly 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve with your favorite chicken wing sauce.