How To Make Garlic Butter – from garlic bread to roasted veggies to steak, this easy homemade garlic butter is the perfect way to add flavor to just about anything you could think of. With simple ingredients you have in your pantry, you can make one at home that is restaurant-quality!
Happy last Friday of the month! What are your plans for this weekend? Well, I’ve been meaning to throw a party with my nearby close friends. There’ll be fruity cocktails, steak tips, charcuterie board, and this super delicious homemade garlic butter.
Yes, I made one at home and I couldn’t be prouder of it. I even gave some to a few of my neighbors and they loooove it, too.
Garlic Butter Ingredients
At first, I thought it requires a heck lot of ingredients to recreate something that closely resembles those that you see in restaurants. But I was dead wrong! You simply need four simple ingredients, six if you want to take it to the next level, and the rest is history.
You just need….
- unsalted butter, at room temperature
- garlic cloves ( I prefer roast garlic cloves for a hint of sweetness and that added roast flavor)
- parsley or chive
How To Prepare Garlic?
You may use about 4-5 large fresh garlic cloves for this recipe, but I prefer the roast ones. Why, you ask. Well, aside from the fact that it’s easy to incorporate into the mixture since it’s soft, you’ll also love that added layer of roast flavor that adds a hint of mild sweetness to the garlic. And oh, that aroma is much preferable compared to using fresh garlic.
See my How To Roast Garlic post for more.
How Long Does Garlic Butter Last?
The great thing about this garlic butter recipe is that you can keep it in the fridge for a week or freeze it to last 2-3 more weeks. And when I’m ready to use it, I just slice a few pieces of it and throw it into my dishes. If you’re serving it as a spread somehow, you can defrost it in the microwave on a very low heat for about 15 seconds to soften and you’re ready to slather it on your favorite bread. Yummm!
Ways To Use Garlic Butter
Aside from enjoying it as a garlic butter spread to bread, you can use this delicious homemade garlic butter to any of the following below:
- roasted root vegetables like potatoes and carrots
- steamed broccoli or green beans
- hot steak
- roast chicken
- steamed fish
- corn on the cobs
- mashed potatoes
- pizza crust
The possibilities are endless! If you have a good pairing in mind, please do let me know. I still have plenty of garlic butter stashed in my fridge.
More Tasty Recipes You’ll Love
How To Make Garlic Butter
See my How To Roast a Garlic.
Combine butter, garlic, parsley and salt in a small mixing bowl.
Mix together with a small rubber spatula or wooden spoon until fully combined. Set aside.
Place butter on saran or plastic wrap and gently roll to form a log. Pinch and fold or knot the ends of the plastic wrap.
Store sealed in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until butter firms up. Remove and slice into circles, or store until needed. Enjoy!
How To Make Garlic Butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 4-5 large garlic cloves , minced (or 7-8 roast garlic cloves)
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped parsley or chive
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon Creole or Italian seasoning
- Combine butter, garlic, parsley and salt in a small mixing bowl. Mix together with a small rubber spatula or wooden spoon until fully combined. Set aside.
- Place butter on saran or plastic wrap and gently roll to form a log. Pinch and fold or knot the ends of the plastic wrap.
- Store sealed in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until butter firms up.
- Remove and slice into circles, or store until needed. Enjoy!