These Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies are sure to become a new favorite – So soft and delicious, they’re impossible to resist! You and your kids are going to fight over these.
I have not made any chocolate chip cookies recently, things are about to change – its summer vacation and am home with 5 kids. As usual I have to them busy entertained and baking is one of those things we are doing, as part of our summer routine.
Keeping them satiated and entertained is no joke. There isn’t a day that goes by without some “Wahala” – yes, I start using African slang when it’s too much for me to handle. I have to count the days until we head back home.
They all want home made treats – especially chocolate chip cookies. They love the process -measuring , pouring, mixing – and of course licking the bowl. Oh Yes, I let them do it – it’s the their favorite part .
What I did differently with this cookie is to add pudding mix in the dough to make it soft – not my idea, it is all over the internet- a must try. And it really makes it tender, soft and oh so good.
This is a simple chocolate chip cookie in every way. It only takes about 5 minutes prep – no mixer required. A quick bake in the oven and you have an incredibly chocolate chip cookie – Crisp edges, moist, amazingly soft and chewy center and FYI it is loaded with chocolate chips. Just the way a chocolate chip cookie needs to be.
The only downside is the resting time in the fridge. What can I say; some things are worth waiting for.
One take away when making cookies is not to over bake – they are best still soft and moist. I like mine warm with a glass of milk
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (286 grams )
- 1/2 cup vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (170 grams)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (150grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter (226grams)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Prepare cooking sheet lined with foil paper set aside
- In medium saucepan butter over medium heat until melted. Set aside or melt butter in the microwave.
- Meanwhile whisk flour, salt, pudding mix and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside
- In a large bowl, add melted butter, whisk eggs, vanilla, white and brown sugar until combined.
- Stir in flour mixture until everything has been fully incorporated
- Add chocolate chips and refrigerate for about an hour or more overnight.
- When ready to bake. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Divide dough into 25-30 portions, each and place them 3 inches apart. Bake cookies 1 tray at a time until cookies are golden brown and still puffy, and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft, 10-14 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking for even baking. Let cookie cool for about 2 minutes before eating
- Serve with a cold glass of milk if desired
Tips & Notes:
Originally published June 2014, updated with fresh stories and fresh photos