White Molten Lava Chocolate Cake – ultra decadent, but surprisingly easy. Made with white chocolate & dusted with coconut flakes, flavored with almond.
I would say if there is anything better than a chocolate molten lava cake is a white chocolate molten lava coconut cake. After adequately recovering from my chocolate induce- blackout. I started dreaming up recipes to make that would put me back to sleep. It was not long enough before I stumbled upon this recipe and my heart leaped with joy…..I had found the one.
This white chocolate molten cake is simply a rich chocolate cake that is undercooked so that the center overflows with chocolate sauce. It is made out of white chocolate, coconut and laced with rum for an extra kick.
These lovely treats are so easy to make once you have the ingredients measured out. One of the great things about this recipe is that you can make the cakes and fill ahead of time, then bake when you are ready to serve. These cakes should be eaten within 30 minutes of making them. They really do not reheat well
The tricky part about this cake is baking it to the right consistency – a shorter baking time will make the cake too runny and over baking the cake will result in a moist cake with no lava. Make sure the center is not too wiggly .
I bake the cake for about 16 minutes to get the right consistency.-Wobbly inside and firm outside. Start checking after 12 minutes .No matter how it turns out – taste wise it is amazingly good. Make sure you pick a decent white chocolate bar.
- 2.3 oz 65 gram white chocolate
- 2 oz 60 gram butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup All purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract sub vanilla extract.
- ½ teaspoon rum optional
- For the ramekins:
- Baking spray
- Desiccated coconut toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray or butter 4 custard cups or small ramekins with cooking spray or butter. Coat the cups with toasted coconut.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl, then microwave for about 1 and ½ with 30 seconds interval. Remove and stir in between.
- If microwave is not your thing then melt in a double broiler over medium heat stirring occasionally until melted.
- Whisk in the flour and powder sugar into the chocolate mixture, making sure everything is incorporated
Stir in the yolks and eggs until everything is even and smooth. Add the almond extract and rum . Mix well, scrape down the sides
- Divide the mixture evenly among the custard cups. Bake for about 15-18 minutes. The cakes will rise slightly and will wiggle if you shake the pan it will slightly wiggle. If not bake a few extract minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen and invert onto dessert plates.
- Serve warm with fruit .