Chicken Citrus Avocado Salad-A hearty and healthy spring salad with citrus tender, moist, flavorful chicken, juicy Tangerines , roast bell peppers, buttery avocados and a super quick and easy citrus dressing that doubles up as a marinade!
I have been taking measures lately, to make sure I incorporate more salads in my diet and on in on this blog cause I have too! Not by choice but by necessity. We all need a hearty salad every now and then. I stuff myself when am cooking.
Yeah, not one of those to just eat a few spoonfuls and shove the rest aside. It takes everything in me to make it happen and I lose most of the time. This hearty salad is a good start.
This Citrus Marinade / Dressing? OMG you guys it’s delicious!Orange juice lime, lemon, honey, cumin and fresh herbs make it oh so refreshingly good!
You would just love the combination of savory and sweet in your mouth.
Not all salads have to contain only vegetables, but if you want to eat something light for lunch or even dinner this is it!
Ok, If you really don’t care for salads just make the chicken with the marinade. And eat away.
It’s healthy, yet filling and satisfying! A great way to urge in spring while waiting for summer
The beauty of this Citrus Grilled Chicken Salad is that it’s not only healthy and delicious; it’s also so darn easy to prepare.
All you need for the base is boneless chicken; I can resist using chicken thighs here- sub with chicken breast, avocados, tangerines and bell peppers.
Citrus Chicken Salad with Avocado
Chicken Marinade and dressing
- 1 medium Orange
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup small diced onion
- ½ -1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons fresh herbs cilantro or parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3-4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 large Avocado sliced
- 2 or more Tangerines peeled
- 1 red pepper bell pepper sliced
- Squeeze out juice from orange, lemon and lime into a non- reactive pan. Add cumin, honey,garlic,onion, oil and herbs. Whisk everything together then lightly salt and pepper to taste.Mix well to combine , adjust for seasoning. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then Marinade chicken thighs with about 2/3 of the marinade make sure to coat both sides.
- Marinade for about for about 30 minutes and up to 4hours in the fridge.
- Heat grill pan or skillet . Coat with cooking oil or spray add the bell pepper and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove from the pan , and set aside. Lightly wipe pan.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; grill for about 8 or more minutes on each side or until done. Place chicken on a cutting board. Cut chicken into 1/4-inch-thick slices or desired shapes.
- In a large plate arrange romaine lettuce, grill chicken, sliced avocados, Tangerines and bell pepper. Serve with bread and the remaining citrus dressing on the side.