Mango Salsa – vibrant, fresh and easy salsa made few simple ingredients. It has the perfect balance of sweetness, tanginess and spiciness that goes well with your favorite chips, grilled fish or pork or even as a snack on its own. The only salsa you want for summer!
The summer heat here in L.A maybe a bit daunting sometimes, but that doesn’t wear off my love for anything summery. I guess, summer is my fave season because of grilled meat and fresh tropical fruits that you can easily snag at a good deal.
You’d probably see me frequently visiting the farmer’s market during these warmer days; eyeing for great produce to take home. And my all-time weakness?! MANGOES!!
In Cameroon, our mangoes there are a lot sweeter than what we can mostly get here in the U.S. So that also explains my thirst for anything mangoes as they also remind me of my childhood years back home.
And lucky me, I got a good deal of these pretty tasty and sweet mangoes right off the market. Imagine my happiness! The first thing that I made was this Mango Chutney, then had Mango Lemonade for that night and this addictive Mango Salsa for all the plantain chips that I made.
This sweet, tangy and spicy Mango Salsa here only requires few simple ingredients yet it delivers that extra punch! Oh yesss! Aside from chips, this was put into good use with my grilled salmon and marinated grilled steak which was an absolute crowd-favorite!
To add extra flavor and texture, I added some garlic too instead of the usual mango, jalapeno and onion mixture. It was the best addition ever! And I even tossed it with red wine vinegar for more flavor.
It’s like summer in your mouth with all those complementing sweetness, spiciness and fruitiness. Oh boy, this salsa was gone in seconds. I swear!
So the next time your firing up the grill, don’t forget to make this quick, easy and incredibly delicious Mango Salsa to add more fun flavor to your grilled meat or chips. Or you can toss in some lettuce and other veggies and pour over some vinaigrette to make a fruity green salad. Now that’s my kind of salsa!
Tips and Notes:
- You can substitute red wine vinegar with balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar and rice vinegar.
- 3 large mango , peeled and diced
- ½ cup small diced red onion
- 2 garlic clove , minced
- 1 jalapeno , seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro
- Sea Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- In a serving bowl, combine the diced mango, diced onion, minced garlic , diced jalapeno pepper , olive oil and vinegar.
- Drizzle with the lime juice , thoroughly mix.
- Season to taste with salt and fresh black pepper.
- For best results, let it marinate for 30 minutes or more.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Leave a Review