Fresh PINEAPPLE CUCUMBER SALAD, is a refreshing side that screams nothing but a cheery backyard party or a quick lunch or side! Made with cucumber, pineapple, red onions, red & green bell pepper, and mint leaves, this combination complements well with its explosive flavorful dressing! Get ready coz you’re about to rake in all the amazing reviews for this salad.
Despite the fun under the heat of the sun, we need to keep our bodies hydrated. And one way of taking care of ourselves during this season is to have refreshing drinks and eat watery fruits such as watermelon, citrus fruits, cucumber, pineapple, and a lot more.
If you noticed, I’m trying to mix and match those fruits every now and then. Thus the birth of this simple yet hydrating salad. I bet you’ll surely love this pineapple – cucumber combination!
Pineapple Salad Ingredients
If you enjoyed my watermelon salad recipe, I’m sure your gonna love this pineapple salad too! A sweet, savory, and mouth-watering salad you will adore! You don’t need an occasion to whip this up. Just 10-15 minutes, and you’ll have this salad for lunch or dinner in no time!
For this refreshing salad, you’ll need:
- pineapple chunks
- thinly-sliced red onions
- diced cucumber
- red & green bell pepper
Pineapple Salad Dressing
You know I go all out when it comes to my salad dressing. If you think that this salad is boring given its short list of ingredients, think again, coz this pineapple salad dressing here will surprise your tastebuds. It’s made with simple ingredients but when they’re combined together, they make an explosive summer flavor!
This humble dressing is made with only 6 easy-to-find ingredients, yet it’s chock full of flavor. It includes lime juice, olive oil, honey, red pepper flakes, white vinegar, and salt and pepper.
Tangy, bright, sweet, with a little bit of heat – you get to enjoy all of these in a single serving. Oweee!
What Else Can You Add?
You can always customize and add other fruits or fresh vegetables to your pineapple salad depending on your preference. Honestly, I’ve got a couple of versions for this salad. Below are just some of my go-to add-ins.
- Add an avocado slice to blend the taste of pineapple
- Add some green leafy lettuce and cranberry for a delightful taste
- Shrimp also pairs well with pineapple
- Leftover bread can be added, see my Homemade Croutons HERE
- Love to have cheese? Throw in some diced parmesan or mild cheddar cheese
What to Serve with Pineapple Salad?
This refreshing mouth-watering pineapple salad is perfect for your summer getaways or backyard barbecue parties! Be ready to impress your family and guests by serving it with these other mouth-watering summer favorites!
More Summer Salad Recipes
Stacking up on other delightful salad to prepare this hot season? You might want to check these recipes below.
How To Make Pineapple Cucumber Salad
Add lime juice, olive oil, honey, red pepper flakes, white vinegar, salt, and pepper to a small bowl. Vigorously whisk for all the ingredients to blend together. In a large mixing bowl, add pineapple, cucumber, red onion, jalapeno, avocado, bell pepper, and cilantro.
Pour dressing over the pineapple salad and toss until every inch of the pineapple blend is covered with the spicy vinaigrette. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until ready to be served. It tastes even better the next day.
Pineapple Cucumber Salad
- 1 pineapple , cut into chunks
- 1 cucumber , seeded and cut into halfmoon shapes
- 1 red onion , thin slice
- 1 jalapeno , seeded and diced
- 1 avocado , diced
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- ¼ cup cilantro , chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes , crushed
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add lime juice, olive oil, honey, red pepper flakes, white vinegar, salt, and pepper to a small bowl. Vigorously whisk for all the ingredients to blend together
- In a large mixing bowl, add pineapple, cucumber, red onion, jalapeno, avocado, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- Pour dressing over the pineapple salad and toss until every inch of the pineapple blend is covered with the spicy vinaigrette.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until ready to be served. It tastes even better the next day.
Tips & Notes:
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.