Mango Avocado Shrimp Salad & Spicy Mango Dressing- A hearty and delicious tropical salad with summer fruits and vegetables tossed with a creamy spicy mango dressing . Simply Delicious!!!
Chances are when you’re visiting the Islands; you’re going to run across some variation on a mango, avocado and shrimp salad. It’s such a great combination and once you lock eyes with it you just can ‘t help but want to dig in!
Not only is this dish super tasty, it’s healthy, gluten free, honey and mango are the natural sweeteners, and it can easily be made paleo and vegan. Just omit the shrimp – literally something everyone can enjoy.
Now I want you to forget about the salad and focus on the dressing- it’s all about the dressing. Creamy Luscious Mango Dressing with a Zing. Seriously, I could bottle this and sell tons of it. It’s SO GOOD!
It really packs a punch in the flavor department, transforming an easy summer salad into a delightful taste experience.
A delicious combination of citrus, mango, herbs and spices – including orange, lime, hot sauce, garlic and cilantro – the spicy mango dressing is sweet and spicy at the same time. Just the way I like it.
It’s easy to make too! The ingredients are blended together in a food processor and in less than a few minutes you are done. Easy –Peasy
Mango Avocado Shrimp Salad & Spicy Mango Dressing
Spicy Mango dressing
- 1 medium Orange
- 2 cups mango cubes
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup small diced onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Hot Sauce siracha
- .2 Tablespoons fresh herbs cilantro or parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled deveined
- 3-4 cups lettuce spring leafy greens or your choice
- 1 large Avocado diced
- 1-2 large ripe mango peeled cubed
- 1 cup or more cherry tomatoes halved
- Add mango into a blender together with juice from orange, lemon and lime into a blender. Add cumin, honey, garlic, oil and hot sauce. Blend until puree. Throw in onions and herbs pulse just to mix. Salt and pepper. Adjust dressing thickness with lemon, oil and/or orange.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Saute shrimp with salt and pepper or favorite seasoning – about 4-5 minutes. Set aside and let it cool. In a large plate arrange romaine lettuce, shrimp, avocados, and tomatoes. Serve with bread and the mango dressing on the side.
Leave a Review