Mangoes are made for summer. This mango lemonade here is so refreshing, so juicy, and so deliciously tropical. A perfect drink to cool down this summer!
You haven’t totally gotten the full benefits of summer til you have had a pitcher of this mango lemonade. YEP! I didn’t say a glass. It’s just not enough to quench your thirst.
This mango lemonade will tickle your tongue and tantalize your taste buds. Why settle for just plain lemonade?
Oh mangoes, don’t you just love them?
Anyone? I see you nodding. Okay, I couldn’t resist a good sale on my summer fav – 3 for the price of 1. Super-markets usual make you go crazy when they put up the 3 for 1 sale.
I picked up a dozen of these babies. And have been devouring them like there’s no tomorrow. Might as well, these sweet juicy mangoes won’t last that long. Summer won’t either.
The ones that are too ripe for my liking, I make lemonade with them.
Blend together with lemon and/or limes add some sweetener and you are good to go. Short, simple, and sweet. But if you are willing to spice it up, there are tons of ways to go about it. Spice it up with a teaspoon of ginger, use coconut water instead, cayenne pepper, crushed mint.
If you want healthier lemonade then go with honey or coconut sugar. Or be fancy and do simple syrup.
Going to a tropical island is just not in the works right now. I hear you. Transport yourself there by adding some rum to your liking. You be jammin’ in less than no time.
Watch How To Make It
- 2 cups (330 g) mango chopped
- ½ cup (122 g) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon (58 ml) lime juice
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar replace with honey, or any sweetener
- 2 cups (474 ml) water cold water or more
- Mint leaves Optional
- Moscato/ Rum – Optional
- Puree mango, lime and/or lemon Juice, sugar and about a cup of water. Remove adjust with more water.
- Pour over ice.
Simple Syrup Method
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil; keep stirring, until sugar has dissolved- about 5-7 minutes. Throw in mint if using any. Let it cool
- Place mango chunks in a blender and blend until puree- remove and set aside
- Pour in a large pitcher, followed by lemon and lime Juice. Then add syrup to taste. Stir until everything comes together. Add alcohol , if including, adjust with cold water, if need be.
- Chill or serve with ice cubes.
Tips & Notes:
- Frozen Mango pulp works as well