Pineapple Lemonade – It’s sweet, it’s fruity and makes a refreshing drink with an extra somethin’ somethin’ – you will want to drink more than one glass. Did you know fresh pineapples were highly valued in Britain throughout the 18th and 19th century? Yes, because of it’s fruity exotic taste. It went on to become the world’s symbol for hospitality.
So whether you are hosting an all White Party, Pool Party, 4th of July celebration or just plain entertaining for the summer – make sure you have this pineapple lemonade ready to show your guests how invaluable they are.
Oh, be sure to tell them, you are serving them the fruit of hospitality in a special concoction.
As with most my drinks, I like to keep them short and sweet, so you can run off and start getting happy. So let’s move on.
There are different ways you can make this:
- Use fresh pineapples, which I highly recommend. No, you don’t have to peel and cut the pineapple, just grab fresh cut pineapples from the supermarket, frozen will work as well. Then you put in the blender and pulse until pureed.
- Not in the mood for blending? Sub with 100% pineapple juice.
- I have made this with and without simple syrup but I like it better with simple syrup – what can I say, it’s SWEETER. Make the simple syrup and add a little at a time to suit your taste buds.
- These quantities are more of a guide – definitely adjust for children and guests. You may use sweeteners to replace syrup.
Definitely adjust for children and guests. You may use sweeteners to replace syrup.
Finally, to feel really good, add moscato or sweet wine to the mix. Your guests are going to feel extra special and you really are going to thank me later.
Watch How To Make It
Pineapple Lemonade - It's sweet, It's fruity and makes a refreshing drink with an extra something’ something’ - You will want to drink more than one glass.
- ¾ cup sugar ,replace with honey, or any sweetener
- 2 cups water
- mint leaves , optional
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- ½ cup lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons lime Juice
- cold water as needed
- ice cubes
- Moscato - Optional
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil, keep stirring, until sugar has dissolved- about 5-7 minutes. Throw in mint if using any. Let it cool
Place chopped pineapple in a blender and blend until puree.
Pour pureed pineapple in a large pitcher, followed by lemon and lime Juice. Then add simple syrup to taste. Stir until everything comes together. Add sweet wine if including, adjust with cold water, if need be.
- Chill or serve with ice cubes.
- You can use fresh pineapples or just grab fresh cut pineapples from the supper market, frozen will work as well. Then you put in the blender and pulse until puree.
- If are press with time, you can sub with 100% pineapple juice.
- You may use sweeteners to replace syrup.
- Feel free to add moscato or sweet wine to the mix.