Curry Chicken Salad- Elevate your chicken salad with the warm glow of curry, it has the perfect note of spice sweetness, crunch and acidity. Bold, bright and packed with flavor! Your taste buds are going to sing with joy!
Let’s face it, salads are boring. All they consist of are leafy greens, a few other vegetables, oftentimes a protein and dressing to add flavor to the otherwise bland veggies (along with some fat).
Since they are blank slates, why not mix things up and try something new? Curry is an excellent way to elevate a basic chicken salad.
Although bold, curry is so versatile and works in several applications. Much like traditional curry, the chicken is smothered in a rich curry cream sauce that offers the perfect balance of heat and sweet. It injects every inch to ensure that there is never a dull bite.
Why would you want to settle for less anyways?
Along with coating the chicken with bold flavor, the curry sauce acts as a dressing for the salad. It adds a pungent layer of creaminess that ties all the fresh elements together and lends its lovely orange hue.
What’s not to love about that?
A unique earthiness greets your taste buds and then the deep flavors slowly start to brighten making every forkful reminiscent of an island escape.
If you love macadamia nuts, (one of the most sought-after nuts in the world), then you are going to love it even more in the tasty combo. I can go overboard pretty quickly with it . So nutty and are high in oleic acid and omega-9 monounsaturated fatty acid, the same fatty acid found in olive oil. The only downside. it the price – not easy on the the wallet.
If you are not a fan or want a cheaper option, then go with cashews. For the fruits mangoes just works beautiful here, I first tried it with pineapple but mango won me over . It’s creaminess can’t be beat.!
You can serve on lettuce wrap or as a sandwich
Curry Chicken Salad
- 2 pound chicken breast (cooked and chopped )
- 1/3- ½ cup celery chopped
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup ripe mangoes chopped
- 3-4 Tablespoons Golden raisins
- 1 green onion , chopped
- ⅓-½ cup macadamia nuts (replace with cashews)
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 or more teaspoons curry powder adjust to taste buds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 -½ cup Mayonnaise or (half Mayonnaise /half greek yogurt)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- If cooking chicken from scratch. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; Cook for about 8 or more minutes on each side or until done. Place chicken on a cutting board. Cut chicken into desired shapes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, celery,grapes,mangoes, raisins, and green onions.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, curry powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Let it chill until ready to use.
- Finally add the mayonnaise mixture to the bowl of chicken mixture, mix until the chicken and mayonnaise have been thoroughly combined. If you like your nuts crunchy throw it in at this time .
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve on butter lettuce leaves or on bread as a sandwich.