Jerk Shrimp – Crazy delicious shrimp kebab with all the deliciousness of Jerk Spice, drizzled with butter, jerk, onion and lemon sauce. Simple, succulent and so good !!!
If you are hosting a super bowl party or entertaining and you need a dish to impress; this Jerk roasted shrimp is the perfect dish to make!
Jerk is hot! And by hot I do not mean spicy, it’s captured the culinary world’s attention with it’s spicy-sweet and hot flavors.
The good thing about that is it’s quite simple to put together, especially, if you have a jar of this fabulous jerk spice on your counter. It’s a super simple condiment to make and most of the ingredients are pantry staples anyways. So why not give it a try?
There are several ways you can enjoy this jerk shrimp, here are my two favorites:
- Thread them on a skewer, season and bake
- Cook the shrimp without threading stovetop; make the sauce, add shrimp and sauté in sauce about 5 or more minutes.
- You might have to do this in batches, heat about tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place a few skewers at a time into the pan and sear on both sides until the shrimp has cooked through
I used jumbo shrimp for this recipe, which is 16-20 count. If using large or medium count you might have to thread about 3-4 per skewer. You may replace the onions with green onions and or leave it out if desired
If you want to take it up a notch then serve with this fruity Caribbean pepper sauce here. Or use your own.
You will be glad you did. And of course if you want to make this then start with this Jerk Seasoning here
Jerk Shrimp – Crazy delicious shrimp kebab with all the delicious of Jerk Spice, drizzled with butter, jerk, onion and lemon sauce Simple Succulent and So Good !!!
- 1 pound 16-20 count extra Large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1-2 Tablespoon Jerk Seasoning blend
- You may soak the skewers for at least 20 minutes totally submerged in water before using it to prevent burns if grilling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine about 1-2 Tablespoon jerk spice with shrimp, lightly salt.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers 1-3 or more depending on skewers and size of shrimp.
- Brush the shrimp skewer with oil; on both sides. Place skewers on baking sheet.