This OVEN ROASTED CORN ON THE COB, lets you enjoy fresh summer corn in the easiest way. There’s almost no prep time required and still, it comes out moist, beautifully caramelized, and oozing with flavor from my homemade garlic butter and Creole seasoning. Always a spot on delicious!
Oh, how I love summer! From its warm breeze to its fresh produce, summer awakens every bit of my soul. And this time of the year, corn (my go-to summer snack and side) is produced at its finest and cheapest, of course. Sweet, fresh corn is unarguably a staple here at home. It’s a great addition to salads, soups, and desserts.
If you remember, last week I introduced you to a new way of boiling corn ( How to Boil Corn ) and most of you were surprised with that😉. This time around I’m sharing with you THE ULTIMATE way to cook corn – Oven-roasted corn on the cob!
Why Make Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob?
We all have our favorite way of cooking corn on the cob. While I really do love grilled corn big time, sometimes the weather isn’t that great for grilling (even here in sunny LA). Or there are also times that I just don’t feel like firing up the grill. So what does this corn-lover gal have to do? Pop that corn in the oven, y’all!
So why should you roast corn in the oven?
- It’s a “set it and forget it” kind-of-method.
- Brings out that crisp sweetness.
- It comes out moist and with a beautiful caramelization.
- Perfect when roasting corn for a large group.
- No worries of charring the corn on the cob.
How to Cook Corn on the Cob in the Oven?
If you’ve never tried roasting corn in the oven, you’ll easily get convinced with this method on your first try. It has very minimal prep time and it always turns out fantastic.
Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob in Foil
- Remove the corn’s husk and silk.
- Combine garlic butter and creole seasoning.
- Brush the corn with the butter mixture.
- Wrap up with an aluminum foil and roast
Adding that flavored butter is an easy way to incorporate flavors into the corn while also keeping it moist. This method is truly a game-changer!
Okay, if that left you in awe, then wait till you hear this. You can also roast corn even with the HUSK ON!
Oven Roasted Corn in Husk
Don’t want to go the trouble of shucking corn? No problem! Leave the husk on and pop them in the oven. This would be truly perfect if you’re roasting corn for a large crowd.
- Use a knife or scissor to cut off excess silk from each ear of corn. Remove any loose husk, too.
- Place each ear of corns with husk directly onto the oven grates while spacing them out evenly from each other.
- Bake at a preheated 350 F oven for 35 minutes.
- Allow it to cool slightly before removing the husk.
- Season it with your desired seasoning.
Ways to Season It
Honestly, a great ear of corn on the cob doesn’t need that much. In fact, you can enjoy them plain and simple. But if you’re looking for ways to doll it up, I’m kinda partial to garlic butter and my homemade Creole seasoning. It’s sweet, buttery, garlicky with a kiss of heat. Or you can also check out these other top favorites.
- Smoked paprika – has a pungent taste because of its pepper origins, also with a hint of sweetness from bell peppers.
- Chili powder – has a more earthy flavor and seasoning-like taste. It’ll definitely give it a kick of heat.
- Parmesan cheese – an earthy cheese that gives a pungent yet delightful flavor.
- Fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, and parsley) – Add in your favorite herbs to give your corn a fresh taste.
- Butter – Smooth and creamy butter makes the corn extra indulgent.
- Salt and pepper
- Homemade Italian seasoning
- Neutral oil, sour cream, mayo – (see my Homemade Mayonnaise HERE) with crumbled feta cheese, chili and garlic powder
How Long To Roast Corn in the Oven?
This corn on the cob recipe only requires about 20-25 minutes of baking time while turning halfway through the roasting process. Quick, easy, and downright DELICIOUS!
More Summer Corn Recipes
Can’t get enough of corn? Get ready, coz you’re about to take on a great corn adventure in your kitchen with these easy flavorful recipes.
I suggest serving this along with some meaty smoked beef brisket for your next weekend get together. You can also check out amazing steak recipes for your family. Great for your oven roasted corn on the cob.
How To Make Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob
Remove corn husk and silk. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a small bowl combine garlic butter and creole seasoning. Set aside. Place corn in individual foil paper, top with garlic butter or brush with creole seasoning butter. Wrap corn. Repeat with the remaining corn, then place it on a baking sheet pan. Bake for about 20-25 minutes turning the tray halfway through roasting. Remove and serve slightly cool. Brush with more garlic butter mixture, if desired.
Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine garlic butter, and creole seasoning. Set aside .
- Place corn in individual foil paper, top with garlic butter or brush with creole seasoning butter. Wrap corn. Repeat with the remaining corn, then place on baking sheet pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes turning tray halfway through roasting.
- Remove and serve slightly cool brush with more garlic butter mixture, if desired.
Tips & Notes:
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.