Jerk Shrimp – Crazy delicious shrimp kebab with all the delicious of Jerk Spice, drizzled with butter, jerk, onion and lemon sauce Simple Succulent and So Good !!!
If you are hosting a super bowl party, entertaining and you need a dish to impress; this Jerk roasted shrimp is the perfect dish to make!
Jerk is hot! And by hot I do not mean spicy, it’s captured the culinary world’s attention with it’s spicy- sweet and hot flavors.
The good thing about is that it is quite simple to put together, especially, if you have a jar of this fabulous jerk spice on your counter. It’s a super simple condiment to make and most of the ingredients are pantry staple anyways. So why not give it a try?
There are several ways you can enjoy these jerk shrimp, here are my two favorite
- Thread them on a skewer, season and bake
- Cook the shrimp without threading stovetop; make the sauce, add shrimp and sauté in sauce about 5 or more minutes.
- You might have to do this in batches, heat about tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place a few skewers at a time into the pan and sear on both sides until the shrimp has cooked through
I used jumbo shrimp for this recipe, which is 16-20 count. If using large or medium count you might have to thread about 3-4 per skewer. You may replace the onions with green onions and or leave it out if desired
If you want to take it up a notch then serve with this fruity Caribbean pepper sauce-here. Or use your own.
You will be glad you did. And of course if you want to make this then start with this Jerk Seasoning here
- 1 pound 16-20 count extra Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-2 Tablespoon Jerk Seasoning blend
- ¼ cup or more butter and /or Cooking oil
- ¼ or more medium onion sliced
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 -2 fresh Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Jerk Spice (adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoons parsley or more for garnish
- Short bamboo skewers, about 20 or more
- Caribbean Pepper Sauce
- You may soak the skewers for at least 20 minutes totally submerged in water before using it to prevent burns if grilling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine about 1-2 Tablespoon jerk spice with shrimp, lightly salt.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers 1-3 or more depending on skewers and size of shrimp.
- Brush the shrimp skewer with oil; on both sides. Place skewers on baking sheet.