Steak Burrito- Moist Burittos stuffed with tender marinated Carne Asada, cheese, rice, avocados and Tomatillos Salsa
When planning dinner for a week, it is common to get into a rut- preparing the same recipes over and over. I am at the same place as everyone else. I get it; it’s quick and easy to make what you are familiar with. But once in a while it is ok to stray away from your norm. I did just that by introducing tortilla in my household …now I can’t stop with endless tortilla recipes.
What makes this extra moist is this Tomatillo and Tomato Salsa.
This is one of my ways to indulge on tortilla- Burritos loaded with beans, Mexican rice, Steak, onions, beans ,avocados and more .
When am in the mood for tex mex I always make my own batch of tomatillos and/or tomato salsa and save up. Always have it in my fridge ready to pair it up with my meals for an extra kick.
For an office lunch -you can make a lot of these burritos, wrap in foil paper and reheat in the microwave. Since burritos are very versatile you can pretty much customize the burrito to your taste and liking- mashed beans, Spanish rice., shrimp, vegetarian and even make it healthy.
In this recipe I used left over rice and steak; On really rushed days, I rely on plain canned beans or refried canned beans.
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 pound grilled carne asada steak or similar
- 1 chopped small onion optional
- 1 cup shredded cheese quesco
- 1 cup cooked mexican rice
- 1 cup chopped avocado or guacamole
- 1-2 cups pinto refried or black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Tomatillos salsa
- In a blender or food processor blend pepper, garlic, onions, tomatoes, and parsley and bouillon powder. Add about a ¼ cup oil or water. Set aside.
- If using fresh steak salt and pepper steak. Then grill to desired temperature. Slice and set aside.
- To assemble, divide the steak among the tortillas and top with equal amounts of, rice, cheese, guacamole, cilantro, pepper sauce,onions beans and rice . First fold the tortilla in half, then, fold over the ends, while holding the ends of the burrito roll or flip the burrito and you have your steak burrito.