Steak Burrito- Moist Burittos stuffed with tender marinated Carne Asada, cheese, rice, avocados and Tomatillos Salsa
When planning dinner for a week, it is common to get into a rut- preparing the same recipes over and over. I am at the same place as everyone else. I get it; it’s quick and easy to make what you are familiar with. But once in a while it is ok to stray away from your norm. I did just that by introducing tortilla in my household …now I can’t stop with endless tortilla recipes.
What makes this extra moist is this Tomatillo and Tomato Salsa.
This is one of my ways to indulge on tortilla- Burritos loaded with beans, Mexican rice, Steak, onions, beans ,avocados and more .
When am in the mood for tex mex I always make my own batch of tomatillos and/or tomato salsa and save up. Always have it in my fridge ready to pair it up with my meals for an extra kick.
For an office lunch -you can make a lot of these burritos, wrap in foil paper and reheat in the microwave. Since burritos are very versatile you can pretty much customize the burrito to your taste and liking- mashed beans, Spanish rice., shrimp, vegetarian and even make it healthy.
In this recipe I used left over rice and steak; On really rushed days, I rely on plain canned beans or refried canned beans.
Steak Burrito - Moist Burritos stuffed with tender marinated Carne Asada, cheese, rice, avocados and Tomatillos Salsa.
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 pound grilled carne asada steak or similar
- 1 chopped small onion optional
- 1 cup shredded cheese quesco
- 1 cup cooked mexican rice
- 1 cup chopped avocado or guacamole
- 1-2 cups pinto refried or black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Tomatillos salsa
- In a blender or food processor blend pepper, garlic, onions, tomatoes, and parsley and bouillon powder. Add about a ¼ cup oil or water. Set aside.
- If using fresh steak salt and pepper steak. Then grill to desired temperature. Slice and set aside.
To assemble, divide the steak among the tortillas and top with equal amounts of, rice, cheese, guacamole, cilantro, pepper sauce,onions beans and rice . First fold the tortilla in half, then, fold over the ends, while holding the ends of the burrito roll or flip the burrito and you have your steak burrito.