Coconut Fried Rice – Easy, tasty tropical rice that will heat the spot. Your favorite fried rice on a next level!
What is better than Fried rice? Coconut fried rice- of course
Wouldn’t you want that special something to spice up your usual fried rice? Like coconut it makes it so alluring.
Now, have I ever told you how much I love coconut? You say yes. I don’t remember…. Ok, I think I have. But lets just pretend –what, you don’t want to hear it? just want to know about this coconut fried rice? No problem.
I will spare you the narrative, about my un-denying love for coconut and just tell you about a few worthy coconut recipes I have here, on this blog.
There are so many Delicious, coconut recipes here that would arouse your taste- buds.
Some are childhood favorites- like this coconut rice, coconut rock buns or coconut Jollof rice others, I stumble upon and quickly and passionately fell in-love – like this coconut bake and this molten white coconut cake
Just do a quick coconut search on this blog and you will find close to 30 coconut recipes. Don’t be shy.
Go ahead do the search and you definitely find something to please even the most discriminating palate but before you do that please make this one first, it sure has it’s own appeal.
Remember a while back, I made this coconut savory white rice, folks, that the way to go. If you have the time use freshly made coconut milk is simple AH-MAZING!
If you can’t, then use can coconut milk but you have to only use the cream and throw out the slimy part of the milk- the yucky stuff at the bottom.
Some of you would like some protein on this, go ahead. Stir-fry shrimp, beef or chicken mix and serve.
Watch How To Make It
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”hgG6Qi0e” upload-date=”2019-11-20T11:25:26.000Z” name=”Coconut Fried Rice” description=” https://www.africanbites.com/coconut-fried-rice/” ]
Coconut Fried Rice
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
Coconut Fried Rice
- ½ cup of canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 -1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ small onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup peas and carrots
- ½ tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
- ¼-½ teaspoon of curry powder
- 2-3 tablespoon of water or chicken stock optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place rice in a saucepan with water, rinse and sieve out water. Add coconut milk, water and salt. Place the saucepan over high heat and, bring to a boil.
- Stir saucepan then bring to a simmer- heat level should be very low cover the saucepan tightly with the lid. Continue cooking for about 15-18 minutes.
- Remove sauce from the heat and let it cool, covered. Fluff with fork
- Break up the clumpy rice before starting.
- Heat a large wok or skillet on medium high heat with about a tablespoon of canola or vegetable oil.
- Add the rice stir vigorously for about 2-3 minutes adding soy sauce, oyster sauce and a tablespoon or more of water or chicken/beef stock as need to moistened rice. Set aside. Quickly wipe the wok or skillet with a clean paper towel or cloth.
- Next add a table spoon of oil , let it heat up , then add the eggs and quickly stir to break the eggs apart. Remove and add to the rice.
- Continue with the stir frying by adding a tablespoon of oil into the wok, followed by onions, peas, carrots, minced garlic, curry powder, and chicken bouillon powder. Stir until fragrant for about 2 minutes.
- Finally return the combination of rice, and eggs, to the wok. Stir until everything has been fully combined. Adjust seasoning salt, pepper if necessary.
- Garnish with chopped scallion and serve